Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help finding baked rice crackers (like Thai Bites)

Options
  • 13-03-2011 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Been looking for rice crackers for a while now, such a pity Jacobs stopped making Thai Bites. I thought some of the asian shops in Dublin might have had them but no luck. They are very popular in Australia and if anyone knows somewhere selling them online i'd love to hear about it. Help please!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm not too sure if these are anywhere near but how about snack a jacks? They have them everywhere

salt-n-ving2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mike_Hunt

Thanks for the reply Phasers but they just don't cut it!!! ha ha I've tried them and while they are ok they are not as good as the type im after. Cheers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

tescos also have their own brand ones , they are big round disc shaped rice crackers , i get the salt and vinegar ones usually

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I saw baked rice crackers in Aldi recently!

Damn it I missed those ones in Aldi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Bronaaagh

I feel your pain!!!
    I had a look in Aldi today and saw nothing along the lines of rice crackers. Maybe the one I went to was too small and limited? *shrug*
    God I miss thai bites!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭monicafussy

Snack a Jacks do Sweet Chilli flavour , I highly reccomend

Yeah i do like the Snack a Jacks but find they are more air than substance - there was a great crunch and satisfaction to the Thai Bites. Heres one of the popular brands in Australia that used to do them http://www.sakata.com.au/ they were so tasty and loads of flavours. Anyone got room in their suitcase?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mckazzie

Hey Mike_Hunt,

I'm in the same boat as you, Those Sakata crackers are just yum. Wondering did you have any luck locating them in Ireland. I just can't wait until the brother comes home in December, I want some now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Not finding these is the bane of my life. I used to LOVE Sakata's in Australia. Much healthier than crisps and nicer too.

Why the hell did they get rid of thai bites??!! grr

I wonder would any of the asian shops have them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 mckazzie

I had emailed the company in relation to this but still nothing. On the bright side I did find that Supervalu stock Carman's Muesli bars (another product I took to while I was there). But I tell you those crackers are just taunting me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sarahb82

I loved those Skata Rice crackers and have also been searching in vain for a similiar product since I returned home. If anyone comes across anything like them I would be most interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 obries39

I know this post is very old. I came across it after I bought some rice crackers that are identical to Thai Bites which I used to love. Thought I should post just in case Abby of you are still looking.

In Dunnes you can get a brand of rice crackers called Peckish. You'll find them in the gluten free section. They're not available in the same flavours, but the BBQ flavour are great!

Advertisement