Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying to connect

• 13-03-2011 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭

Trying to connect my missus' laptop to our wireless UPC broadband.

The problem is that it doesn't ask for the password when I click on it.

It just says 'Getting information from UPC.. (number) '

Then it says 'Windows was unable to connect to this network'

How do I get to input the password?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 ElectricGirl

Depending on what OS you have there should be an option to go to advanced settings, delete the network, refresh and it might ask you to put in the password then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Try adding the connection manually, by inputting all the relevant information as apposed to letting the PC do it. Add the SSID, put in the password etc.

I've heard of a few people having these sort of problems with UPC routers recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

I've had a problem like this with UPC routers. The way I solved it was to connect to the router with a network cable, log into the control panel and disable 'Wi-Fi Protected Setup'. It should really be disabled by default, causes more problems than it's worth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Is Windows standard firewall turned on?
    Try turning it off and see if it makes a difference when trying to connect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

I've had a problem like this with UPC routers. The way I solved it was to connect to the router with a network cable, log into the control panel and disable 'Wi-Fi Protected Setup'. It should really be disabled by default, causes more problems than it's worth.

Hey Spider Guardian do you mean logging into the router (192.168.1.1) to do this ???

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Yes, try leaving the username blank and using 'admin' as the password. The option to disable Wi-Fi Protected Setup should be in there somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

Thanks for the replies folks - I fixed it by deleting all the old wireless accounts and setting up a 'new' one from scratch (the UPC one).

Advertisement