Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carvery near fota island

Options
  • 13-03-2011 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Can anyone tell me is there anywhere serving a nice carvery near fota island wildlife park. Goin tomrrow and dont want to be driving around withe the little one crying out for food.
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

which direction will you be approaching from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

comin from Waterford

done a forum search there and see the elm tree recommended.... cant find it on google maps though

or the bramley lodge maybe? (recommended too)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Bramley Lodge is on the left hand side of main road, about 2 miles back from entrance to wildlife park.You cannot miss it.You also have the option of the Fota Island golf club or hotel.Both are about 200 yards beyond Bramley Lodge on the right hand side.Passed the big fancy entrance.
    Again you cannot miss,they are all on the road to the wildlife park.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Elm Tree can be hit or miss. Not sure if Bramley Lodge do carvery - it's an expensive place though. Best bet is the golf clubhouse restaurant at the (ex-Sheraton) Fota Island resort. Fodd is good and is actually good value (I *think* carvery is €10). Don't worry about it being a golf course etc - anyone can go in and you won't be stared at or anything! To get there, head in from the Fota Road and keep going past the hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Elm Tree. Never eaten there, I'm just providing directions. :)

Went to the Fota Island Hotel... was lovely

thanks all

Advertisement