Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for Speed Shift 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Trolley effect? What you mean? I find xbox version pretty solid.

Controls way better then in ****f 1

PC is a lazy port you have to set your controls
    Vibration Strength
    Steering Deadzone
    Steering Sensitivity
    Throttle Deadzone
    Throttle Sensitivity
    Brake Deadzone
    Brake Sensitivity
    Clutch Deadzone
    Clutch Sensitivity
    Speed Senssitivity
    Speed Sensitivity (Drift)

Feels like they added that cos they were not arsed to code the game run with non console pads.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Pc is getting worse and worse treatment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pc is getting worse and worse treatment :(

Sure every game ad on tv now has Actual "PC Footage" its fine to use to show that the game is ****ing awesome looking and sell it to console players. but fcuk actually making it work on pc, play the game make the trailer then quit.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Trolley effect? What you mean? I find xbox version pretty solid.

You'd be a great worker in Tesco so! I played the 360 version, it's controls are exactly the same. How can you find it solid? Ewwww

You'd be a great worker in Tesco so! I played the 360 version, it's controls are exactly the same. How can you find it solid? Ewwww

Haha. Well comparing to gt 5 or forza controls are hard to use to, but not if you play with normal cabin camera, not helmet one. If you played shift 1, them shift 2 on xbox are soooooolid as feck! :)

I really enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Finno59

whats online like for xbox? Any cars hopping like forza 3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

i can't seem to stop the cars for swaying on the straights at high speeds! Using a DFGT wheel....pretty annoying!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Did you readjust the settings a bit?

Did you readjust the settings a bit?

i have yeah been tinkering with them a good bit! Not sure which setting would affect the swaying though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

What a fcuking joke,EA download manager stopped downloading and froze @ 99.6%,after numerous restarts of EADM and my pc i cancelled to download and re downloaded only for it to be stuck on finalizing now for the last hour.
    Any ideas guys?

• Advertisement

Its a shame you can't have cross platform friends... Atleast for track times...

I find myself better and better now. Not often I end up in first place, but now I do better and better!

Would live to have more
    Friends playing it :( . I got only coders and bc2ers...

Its a shame you can't have cross platform friends... Atleast for track times...

I find myself better and better now. Not often I end up in first place, but now I do better and better!

Would live to have more
    Friends playing it :( . I got only coders and bc2ers...

Play some online races and add any of the decent clean racers as friends! What console you on?

Beekay wrote: »
    Play some online races and add any of the decent clean racers as friends! What console you on?

Xbox m8. Surely if we all using EA account, they could add autolog friend list cross platforms...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

just bought the game and its still sealed, is the game that bad, should i return it and do myself a favour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Have it for the PC, after a few tips here from other posters and messing round with the settings for use with my DFGT wheel I did see a big improvement with control, but not to the level of that on GT5.

Overall I'm not too impressed with the game, it's no NFS Underground nor near that of GT5. Maybe I'm too fussy but for me this game will find it's way to the bottom of my game pile quicker than it plays !

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Have it for the PC, after a few tips here from other posters and messing round with the settings for use with my DFGT wheel I did see a big improvement with control, but not to the level of that on GT5.

Overall I'm not too impressed with the game, it's no NFS Underground nor near that of GT5. Maybe I'm too fussy but for me this game will find it's way to the bottom of my game pile quicker than it plays !

That does it for me, returning it asap, might pick something else up

tonydude wrote: »
    just bought the game and its still sealed, is the game that bad, should i return it and do myself a favour

Would be silly to return it without even trying...

I find it amazing. It feels really competitive. Ai is very fun, as it is very human like. Not just perfect driver like gt5 where they see only best line and go like trains on rails.

It's a matter of taste: I find it really entertaining even if Poeple find anther sims more realistic. Trust me shift 2 is not arcade game...

I found gt5 totally ****, and I was always fanboy of gt series. I love forza and I love shift 2.

Plus controls are waaaay better in shift 2 then 1.

Do yourself a favour and just try the damn game and make your own opinion...

try the damn game

lol, went to return it for mass effect and noticed i could keep it until the 15th and get my money back bar €5 so ill keep it till then, ill try it tomorrow. Pity your on the 360 shadow id like to race ya

lol, went to return it for mass effect and noticed i could keep it until the 15th and get my money back bar €5 so ill keep it till then, ill try it tomorrow. Pity your on the 360 shadow id like to race ya

Ah good bud. I am not good racer, trust me, but don't give away this game until you tried it. In one of the car enthusiast forum everyone loves it. It's something new in sim world. I know I know gt5 is better and it makes woman panties wet, but shift 2 is really not that bad. Give it ago as you got it already, 5 quid wont kill you ;).

Btw tell us what you thought ;)

Will do lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Is there a way to turn off automatic gears on the xbox?
    I cant see it in the options anywhere and they are annoying the hell out of me.
    I pick a gear and it decides to change down and sit on the rev limiter until it says I was right in the first place and puts it back. I have lost positions from it out of last corners.

Should be in the gameplay section of the options. Remember to press start to save any changed settings!

Feels like driving on ice with the dulashock but the DFGT wheel sorts things out control wise although still feels like an arcade racer. Racing on hard gives nice competition albeit dirty. The brake assist really hampers the laptimes so ive turned off along with steering assist. Played about a hour of racing and ime lvl 11 already so that sound right. Think its a keeper for the time being

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Finally found it under the controls tab. Hopefully it will leave it a bit easier now.
    The handling is very slidy though which is also not much fun. I would prefer the cars to behave more naturally.

Feels like driving on ice with the dulashock but the DFGT wheel sorts things out control wise although still feels like an arcade racer. Racing on hard gives nice competition albeit dirty. The brake assist really hampers the laptimes so ive turned off along with steering assist. Played about a hour of racing and ime lvl 11 already so that sound right. Think its a keeper for the time being

I find it pretty good. It's not as aloft as first one was. You play on pc?

Well was it worth it to a tuolly try it lol? ;)

only got it on ps3, worth a fiver alright

So still going to trade it in? Ah well...

I am having a blast!!! First racing fame where I don't quit after few races of boredom or frustration!

Lotus exige s is a beast!!!! Just won that baby and it's amazing!!! Like a freaking go kart. Had it tuned up for c class. Moustly weight reduction, tyres and suspension to make it handle even better!

I donk know what it is.. Even if I losse I still want to go and try again, even if you losing you feel that you improve. Usually after 3 races of forza I just CBA anymore...

It must be me... I usually find games, which anther think are ****, very good... I guess it's same syndrome...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I donk know what it is.. Even if I losse I still want to go and try again, even if you losing you feel that you improve.

thats what makes it one of the best racers ive ever played. none of this quitting if you make a bags of the first corner or anything, coz its built in such a way that theres still lessons and rewards to be gained from continuing

manys a time ive ruined my chances of a podium finish, but kept going to get race line and corner mastery, its great

Ranking system is weird im rank 16 now and that just makes 4 more ranks to go, ive only played 2 hours 08 minutes worth. Racing on hard makes a job of it, played shift on easy and was no challege.I can keep it til the 15th, ill try to get the plat by then

• Advertisement

I have to agree on level system. It's a bit weird. Was that the plan or it's just not thought out?

I am level 10 and I only finished 1 and 2 challenges.

It might be the way of bc2? Where you unlock everything at rank 22, but you still level up to 50?

Advertisement