Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you love about your pet?

• 13-03-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

What do you love about your pet? :D

We have a Cocker Spaniel, Libby and I love how when we come back from being away from her for more than 5 minutes, she has to grab something in her mouth. It doesn't matter what it is, it can be a toy or a leaf. I love the panic in her face when she can't find anything quickly and she's torn between coming for a pet or finding something to bring to us.

(Yet she doesn't give it to us)

What's the best thing your pet does?

189171_1802709100290_1016714491_2053612_2972118_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

BrianJD wrote: »
    What's the best thing your pet does?

Waking up with a soggy face to find a little black nose squished up against mine with the head tilted and two little eyes focused on mine waiting for them to open and mark my arrival to a new day. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

That sounds so cute :)

I won't go into each pet individually cos it'd take all day :)

About my dogs, I love that they always want attention, even when it gets annoying, I love it. They're just obsessed with people and want love :)

About my cats, I love that they've such different and complex personalities.

About my rabbits, I love that they're really sweet, and a nice calm relaxing pet.

And about my guinea pigs, it has to be the noises they make, how they demand treats like veggies and grass all the time and how greedy they are, they're so funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Harley; he's just a special dog. I LOVE the way he sits on the couch like a person and puts his head on your shoulder. Since Phoenix arrived he's stunned me with his patience and his willingness to accept the young fella and his food robbing antics. There is never an issue. Plus I love the way he loves life.

Phoenix; his greedy always happy head and how he puts 100% into EVERYTHING.

Miller; The way he flattens his body into me for cuddles and goes all limp and drooly in my arms.

Willow; her facial expressions and her little kitty grin. Her "ladylike-ness"

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

I love the fact that my pup will walk up to the couch and pretty much walk onto it (yep, he's that tall already). Then he'll rest his chin on your chest, put his ears back and stare up at you until you rub him. If you refuse, he starts snorting at you until you do. He's a bit of a weirdo.

One of the cats has a habit of burrowing into blankets and quilts until he can lie on your stomach and then he'll conk out. He also has thirty minutes of madness every day where he tears around the house leaping up into the air and diving on anything that moves, even though he's a big, fairly heavy cat. Its hilarious until he dives on top of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

I'm laughing to myself at this thread, just in bed now and our dog (Jack Russell-Scotty) is in his basket groaning sadly so we'll leave him onto the bed. We'll try hold out as long as possible but I know we'll break soon :(

• Advertisement

and he's up :(

Can't stay cross at him lol

Scotty010.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭beanie.

I love that they have a game that I call Ascot. It involves charging around the house in a group, doing laps of the place. The cats play at night, and the dogs sometimes play on rainy days.
    The noise they make stampeeding cracks me up. If your downstairs and they're doing it upstairs, it sounds like they're attempting to riverdance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Supraman wrote: »
    We'll try hold out as long as possible

4 mins later......:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I love the way my Logan gives proper hugs. He puts his paws either side of my waist and rests his head on my tummy. He did it the day we went to the pound and its the reason we adopted him. He's been on his last chance more times than I can count but I forgive everything when I get a hug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Lovin your username....my kittie is called Beanie :D
    beanie. wrote: »
    The noise they make stampeeding cracks me up.

He does that too.Its so funny,tearin around the place in the middle of the night,schloppin so loudly havin great fun.

Hes a cool dude and i love that for a cat how he accepts practically every petsitting animal i bring home with no fuss or drama-dogs and all. Hes a handsome fecker and i love when i come home from work and i look up at the window, he sees the car,does a little stretch, gets out of his basket and greets me at the door. Hes too friendly for his own good though...and i think its goin to get both of us in trouble one of these days :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭beanie.

anniehoo wrote: »
    Lovin your username....my kittie is called Beanie :D
    I choose it in honour of beanie, my lovely ginger cat :o
    He originally was beanie baby, but he's a bit of a brute now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I choose it in honour of beanie, my lovely ginger cat :o
    He originally was beanie baby, but he's a bit of a brute now.
    Lol...mines a Ginge too!As i say to the kids on the road "This is Beanie...orange like a bean"...that seems to click with them and stops them from chasin him. :DMassive fecker now and was initially called Bernard when i got him (from Boards actually).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Can't stay cross at him lol

Scotty010.jpg

To be fair Supraman, Scotty has a point... That basket does look very uncomfortable :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭luvdogs

id bore you all to tears if i went into everything i love about my dogs...in a nutshell though....i love that moment when they see me and, whether i`ve been gone 5mins or 5hours, their whole face clears and the ears shoot back and the welcome is amazing :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

I love that they have a game that I call Ascot.

Mine do this outside - around our house, lap after lap, barking at each other, we call it the "Special Olympics", cos they're all winners! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

I love how cute he is when he's lying down with his paws crossed!! And how absolutely adorable he is when he tilts his head from side to side when we're talking to him as if he really understands!!
    And the welcome we get when we get back - after 5 minutes or 5 hours!!!!
    And the determination to get that walk.........
    And I could be here all day. He's daft, full of energy and has the house ruined with hair, but from the day he arrived, he's never been anything but varying shades of perfect!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

I love that my kitten Tibbs has over come the pound, 3 bouts of conjunctivitis, cat flu and a respiratory infection and is still with me. :)

She thanks me everyday when she wakes me at 7am with her little wet nose and a purr xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Nollipop

I love how our greyhound, Pace, collects things from around the house and puts them in his bed with him.

He tends to do it when left alone for more than ten minutes, and it tends to be my slippers, boots or trainers. He has also 'collected' my camera and his favourite lead too.

He never chews anything, so we place bets on how many items will be in his bed when we get back!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

Great thread!! I love when my dobie chap does his three circles at the end of bed and then flops down and lets out a big groan its like he is saying nyt mam!! I love when my little whippet x gives me what we call a 'bully cuddle' she is whippet x staffy and alway on the move never sits still but every so often she will tuck her face in bedside yours and just rest there for about 5 mins before she gives you a quick slobber and then jets off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I love that no matter how bad a day I or my hubbie have had they cheer us up with big cuddles, lots of kisses and generally being happy to see us.
    That Sindy comes into the bedroom and just looks at us in the middle of the night if Fargo starts barking, as if to say will you ever shut him up.
    That Fargo can sometimes just sit on your knee and look at you so intensely without moving or making a noise, as if he's trying to figure out if he's doing ok.
    They have made such a difference to this house and been such a joy :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The border collie runs around the field and gets the sheep
    So I don't have to :)
    I groan about running around fields, she loves it.

Only thing is when there is no work she gets restless and herds the next biggest thing and that's me! Have had quite a few nips on the ankles! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

There's so much....

I love how I drive into the garden and she comes bounding up to the car with a big smile on her face.

I love how when I hug my partner she has to be involved and we make it a "family hug". It's like she's saying "not without me!!"

I love how when one of us gets up off the couch to go to the loo/make tea - she robs the warm spot, and then looks at you like butter wouldn't melt.

I love how she wakes me with kisses and a full body wag every morning.

I love how she gets so excited when we tell her there's visitors coming and she goes to look out the window waiting for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 dreamgirl18

Unconditional, non-judgemental love from my dogs.
    They're the best - humans could learn alot from them :).
    Also the way one of my cocker spaniels groan when having her back massaged :D, she loves a bit of R'n'R.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

I love the way that every day I get home I am greeted with this waggy tail and delighted face:D
    I love the way my lil fella makes me laugh everyday and more loving than anything.
    I love the way that hes very "posh" and "snooty" with other dogs. It makes me laugh so much when a really friendly dog bounds up to mine and mine sticks his nose in the air and struts off!:P:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

My cat is just like he is, a strong character, funny, sometimes moody...he suits me quite well as he has loads in common with me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭BrianJD

I love how even though we think our pets are all unique, they are all the same. Libby does so many of the things described here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

What do you love about your pet? :D

We have a Cocker Spaniel, Libby and I love how when we come back from being away from her for more than 5 minutes, she has to grab something in her mouth. It doesn't matter what it is, it can be a toy or a leaf. I love the panic in her face when she can't find anything quickly and she's torn between coming for a pet or finding something to bring to us.

(Yet she doesn't give it to us)

My two dogs do the same, they even rob the washing basket for socks if they can't find something quick enough.:D

I also love that Oliver has taken to walking into my room in the mornings (just before the alarm goes off)and sitting beside the bed until the alarm goes off, then if I don't get up straight away he jumps on the bed and sticks his nose in my ear.:eek: No snooze button on a dog;)

With them all I love that they are always please to see me, even if I just went out to get something from the car.

The cats are fun and make me laugh (especially when they try to play with the dogs, Toby chases the dogs and lets them chase back), they're very affectionate and love to watch me work.
    I had Toby in the car today while I cleaned it, he checked every bit I did, even the inside of the windows:D
    Think it was up to standard as he purred loudly when I lifted him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Loopsie

My cat Kai is a BIG softie and a real mummys boy! He follows me around for hours, wont be in a room on his own while im home. He sits in the sink when im in the shower and cries when i close the shower curtain over and he cant see me!
    He sits up on the ledge in my bathroom and watches me do my makeup every morning!
    he loves to get UNDER the covers in bed and sleeps like a human all stretched out (my OH isnt so fond of this!!) He snores like a little old man and he drives me insane sometimes wanting attention but i love him to pieces and wouldnt change a thing :)

To be fair Supraman, Scotty has a point... That basket does look very uncomfortable :p

Haha ! It is uncomfortable in comparison to a double bed I'd assume :) There was a couple of nights last week he was in the spare room and had his own double bed to himself lol.

It's the small little things they do really make you forget about the ills of the day. Scotty has a penchant for giving you those heart crunching puppy dog eyes when your at the fridge for food ! He gets the odd slice of ham (who am I kidding we get him his own in the shopping lol ) .

Whats hilarious though is that he normally won't try get onto the bed til lights go out/tv goes off. He knows we're going to sleep so thats when he strikes as he knows we don't the heart or willpower to kick him out !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

I love how Bert puts his head on my knee and goes 'uuummm' when hes happy I adore it!

Advertisement