Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water fountain cracked ,now leaking

• 13-03-2011 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

during the big freeze in the winter my water fountain (pumped 3 tier water fountain) cracked. only noticed this now when spring weather was here last week and i did a bit of gardening. it is not retaining water so therfore useless. i am not the greatest at diy , so my question is how can i resolve this issue and fix my leaking fountain. its only a hairline crack(maybe slightly bigger than that) can i use some sort of filler?? or cement??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

You can use some sort of resin to do it, something like epoxy. It'll set like concrete in the end and should do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

If it is cast iron then you can get it welded. Alternatively there are a number of good products on the market now that will seal in submerged Water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

weater its metal or plaster i would use resin as above. It will never be noticed and as advised it will set like concrete.

You may also get away with a silicone like t7 depending on the crack

Advertisement