Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YOUTUBE REMOVED MY VID. ??

Options
  • 13-03-2011 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I made a little vid, nothing that would cause offence - but I added the theme tune from top gear. However youtube removed it saying that i did not have the right to use the sound material.

My question is, who do I pay?

and...

Of all the music videos and Dj mix's of official releases how are they not removed?

Sorry, I know nothing about this area. any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The copywrite holder, whoever that is. Hardly worth the bother of paying someone. Interesting that you got caught, one of my vids was not pulled but it was flagged (Rush - Bastille Day).
    Your video, Bastille Day , may include content that is owned or administered by these entities:
    Entity: UMG Content Type: Sound Recording
    As a result, your video is blocked in these locations:
    Germany
    What should I do?

No action is required on your part. Your video is still available everywhere not listed above. In some cases ads may appear next to your video.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Just use the disputes process. They'll let you have it back.

My question is, who do I pay?

Well I could do it for you. I start at €200 ... if that doesn't work, I'll need another €200 - or €300. I can't make any promises - but I promise you it won't cost you more than €1,500. Or €2,000 - depends how serious you are about your music. Serious people become successes.

Seriousness = success - it's a formula you should not forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

Probably depends how high profile the music is. Top gear = very high profile.
    To secure the rights to use that music would be prohibitively expensive I'd imagine.
    DJ mixes contain lots of different tracks mixed together so it would be harder to locate copyrighted material and flag it.
    Any public broadcast must be paid for, in some way, according to the law.
    Just curious, did youtube remove the soundtrack or the whole video?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭DrivingsCool

gsparx wrote: »
    Probably depends how high profile the music is. Top gear = very high profile.
    To secure the rights to use that music would be prohibitively expensive I'd imagine.
    DJ mixes contain lots of different tracks mixed together so it would be harder to locate copyrighted material and flag it.
    Any public broadcast must be paid for, in some way, according to the law.
    Just curious, did youtube remove the soundtrack or the whole video?

It was my web designer that said that the vid was refused, so I made another copy minus the sound and the vid went on fine. Ok, ill try a DJ mix, would duck sauce barbara striesant me classified as a dj mix?
    If theres words and then music , then words and music alternating would that make my chances of the vid staying on as there is no full music piece?

Cheers! :)

• Advertisement

It was my web designer that said that the vid was refused, so I made another copy minus the sound and the vid went on fine. Ok, ill try a DJ mix, would duck sauce barbara striesant me classified as a dj mix?
    If theres words and then music , then words and music alternating would that make my chances of the vid staying on as there is no full music piece?

Cheers! :)

If you're using music for commercial purposes, you should pay for it. Your web designer is probably not running a charity, and neither is Armand Van Helden.

If you are using copyrighted music for commercial purposes, and the publisher gets wind of it, if they think you have money, they will sue you. Or at least make you pay for it by threatening legal menace.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

Last time I checked, Barbara Streisand's music was free under a Creative Commons license. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DjKlubster

Theres a trick to it!! If yu only putting on youtube then in the description say copyright of song goes to( name of the song and the singer/recording label and the songwriter to be safe) shud work then!! :)

Advertisement