Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polaroid Land Camera

• 13-03-2011 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I recently found my grandfather's Automatic Land Camera 250 in the attic, which has gotten me interested in the old packfilm Polaroid photography. Now I'd like to get my hands on some other old Land cameras, working or not, to play with, or with the internals.

Does anybody know where I might find some cameras, apart from trawling the local charity shops every week?

Any other hints, tips, what have you?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ebay.

its all very hipster these days, lomo are on the polaroid buzz now so prices have doubled for most polaroid related stuff, new film being made, expensive tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Polaroid Land cameras on ebay, thats where I got mine, you can them broken and like new, depending on budget/demand.

You can convert the back of them so they take 100 type polaroid film but as they are hard to find you can buy fuji film (which is still in production). still expensive but not AS expensive as the new slightly crappy polaroid film

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

You could track down the camera van & rob a few off it. I don't think they'd notice!

(and yes.. I *AM* joking.. just in case anyone thinks I'm actually suggesting someone commit a crime.. but don't read this bit if you already thought the above was funny!) ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

What's the camera van?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Jam wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I recently found my grandfather's Automatic Land Camera 250 in the attic, which has gotten me interested in the old packfilm Polaroid photography. Now I'd like to get my hands on some other old Land cameras, working or not, to play with, or with the internals.

Does anybody know where I might find some cameras, apart from trawling the local charity shops every week?

Any other hints, tips, what have you?

The 250/350/360/450 were probably the top end of the Land Cameras, excepting the much sought after 180/185/195 cameras which cost well in excess of anything I'd imagine you'd want to pay for one.

For all thing polaroid, the landlist http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landhome.htm is your one stop shop. Anything that takes type 100 can still be used with modern Fuji peel apart film. Practically everything else has been discontinued. An outfit called "the impossible project" have so far failed to come up with anything that could be regarded as a workable product, despite claims to the contrary, so avoid any polaroid cameras that take 600 or spectra film.

• Advertisement
Advertisement