Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Total beginner

• 13-03-2011 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭

Hello lads and girls.Im not an expert in taking pic's,but Ive an idea in my head for taking pictures of abandoned sites in Ireland.Is it ok for me to post them here when I capture the images??Im no top class photographer by the way!!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Please do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Shut up.. take some pictures.. and post them! We can't slag you about them until you do!

but seriously.. have fun! Remember you're not just a tourist trying to remember the place.. you're trying to do something artistic. If you're a newbie.. you should play with your camera a lot.. take tons of pictures with all kinds of different settings, holding it different ways, putting yourself into different positions in relation to what you're shooting.. and hopefully tons of things none of us has thought of.. or at least combinations of different things that appeal to you. (or that you think will appeal to others.)

Good luck!

Hello lads and girls.Im not an expert in taking pic's,but Ive an idea in my head for taking pictures of abandoned sites in Ireland.Is it ok for me to post them here when I capture the images??Im no top class photographer by the way!!

Go for it, but if you want images that stand out, do some research first.

There's an abandoned factory around the corner from my house. Was it in briefly with a friend who was checking it out, as he wanted to do a bit of filming in it.

I thought it was great. Broken glass, empty, desserted and damaged corridors. Smashed toilets, desks, etc.

Went back up with him for his actual filming effort, and I went wandering around. Didn't keep a single image. There was lots in front of me at the time as I looked around, but when I put the viewfinder to my eye, i'd be fecked if I could make a single interesting composition.

Now, this isn't really an area that i care about. I was only photographing it because I was gonna be there anyway, but it made me realise how difficult it can be to create something interesting.

I'm sure if you looked about the net and checked out other people's images and such, you could come up with something.

I remember seeing some photos on here before of an abandoned (psychiatric?) hospital in the US somewhere, and the photos were fantastic, though at the same time, they were quite repetitive.

I suppose a lot of it comes down to the location you happen to be in at the time. Best of luck with it either way, and hopefully all will go well. I'd be curious to see how you get on :)

Advertisement