Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review my Build please

Options
  • 13-03-2011 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Going to do a new build, generally use it for heavy photoshop and video editing as well as general usage.

AMD X6 1055T
    Asus M4A87TD/usb3 (has sata3 6gb/s and usb3)
    8Gb corsair RAM
    Asus GeForce 210 512MB PCI-Express 2.0 x16 HDMI w/LP (Silent)
    SATA 3 2Tb Seagate
    Antec 2450P case
    iyama 24" monitor
    Should work out at about 800 yoyos?

Was going with the 1090T but cut it back infavour of more RAM, corsair was only 45 euro for 4gb and monitor has HDMI connection from PC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

looking good but where you ordering from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Nice little build, if you spend a little more you can get the 2500K

it obliterates the AMD six core to put it mildly

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/185?vs=288

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

thanks jonny7 but it adds on a nice amount onto the price. Buying from either dabs or amazon, price is about the same so whichever has the items in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

no prob

check hardwareversand.de .. v low prices and bulk order is 30 quid delivery regardless.. 20 euro and they'll even build it for you

yup as jonny said checkout hardwareversand.de as they are by far the cheapest when it comes to ordering full systems even with the €30 shipping rate added on but theres only one downside they only accept banktransfers

Also are you buying an os to go with this?

• Advertisement

I have Windows 7 free at work for employees home computers thankfully.
    That website looks very nice, are they ok to deal with regarding bank transfers?

should be majority of the users on here have baught from there many times.
    btw you putting this thing together yourself?

I was going to but that website is tad cheaper and for 20 bucks, its hardly worth my while to be honest.
    Had a look at i5 and the x6 seems better for the money, don't want to keep adding money on and on unless it was really worth it to be honest. My 2004 P4 is still running well but could do with some new toys...........

just to update, I order my stuff from hardwareversand on Tues night, money was received Thurs morning, assembled and shipped Thurs night and on its way to me now.
    Went for:
    1055T, Asus MA47 EVO motherboard (usb3 and SATA3), 2TB SATA 3 drive, 8 Gb Corsair RAM and a standard silent graphics card (Its not for gaming). Plus DVD drive and card reader. Came to just under 600 yoyos assembled and deliver, I have my own OS Win7 64 Bit from work.

JUst to let ye know I received my system, all professionally packaged and looking well built. One hint: Don't buy a keyboard as its a blasted German one

• Advertisement
Advertisement