Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mapp Gas Torch

• 13-03-2011 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

I was looking to buy a torch to melt some silver, so I would need either a good propane torch or I was thinking a MAPP one either. I have two problems, I have no idea what kind of torch I want, or even what is available, and I have know idea where they are available from. I have had a look online, but hardware places don't seem to do the internet and all I have seen so far is MAPP torch on amazon

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Most plumber's merchants have those rothenberger torches, but they are around €100. You may get a cheaper one in a builders merchants or woodies type of places.

Its a plumbers blowtorch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭patnor1011

This interest me too. I had small butane torch I once got in Lidl. I tried to melt some gold but it was horrible task to accomplish. I melted some 12g but I have spend full cartridge and 40 minutes constant blowing...
    This is a torch I would like to have :) I am sure it melts silver in no time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HRArtpB-7k&feature=player_embedded

Advertisement