Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limerick to kilkenny quickest route?

• 14-03-2011 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what is the quickest way to go from limerick to kilkenny city? To go by cashel or dublin road and turn off around borris on Ossory and go across country?

Thanks alot

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Thanks. Always think best advice comes from those who drive it though. Google maps isn't always accurate

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

yogalady wrote: »
    Thanks. Always think best advice comes from those who drive it though. Google maps isn't always accurate

Thanks anyway
    Yeah no prob. Fair enough. However I drive M7 a lot and it's quick.

Thanks Webmoney. I drive the M7 a good bit myself and it a great road. Was thinking I might take that road instead of having to go through tipp town on the other route. Will take your advice I think :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

Lived in kk for 5 years and always drove tipp, urlingford, freshford, kk.. Went on a stag last sat and the bus took the m7 to borris then accross through durrow on the n77. Couldn't believe the difference. Had us back in Limerick in time to watch the pool hammer united! Deffo the quickest way as webmonkey said... Enjoy the marble city!

• Advertisement

Great. Thanks Hooked. M7 is it so. will def enjoy! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

used to go the back way via thurles, went via M7 last week. make sure ya dont miss your exit like I did :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

Id avoid going by Thurles. The road from Newport to Thurles is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

shano_88 wrote: »
    Id avoid going by Thurles. The road from Newport to Thurles is awful.

I do a Limerick to KK run once a month. Since the motorway opened between Limerick and Nenagh I go up the M8 to the Thurles exit, over to Borrisoleigh, Thurles, get onto the M7 at Two Mile Borris, off again at Urlingford and over to KK via Freshford

Just wanted to thank Rooney10 for directions. I took the
    Limerick M7 road to Borris In Ossary - Ballacolla - Durrow - Ballyraggot Kilkenny - route.

Only took me 1hr and half. Quickest ever

Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement