Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another 'How does this PC look' thread?

Options
  • 14-03-2011 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

So, the title says it all really, with the release of Shogun 2 I've been stirred into looking at upgrading my PC, and by upgrade I mean buy a whole new one! :pac:

Anywho, I know next to absolutely nothing about PC building and upgrading etc and have decided to go down the pre-built route and after some searching I came to this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/shinobee-Gaming-2-80GHz-PC-1333-MEMSeven/dp/B0042SJPNY/ref=sr_1_14?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1300058468&sr=1-14

Opinions? Value? Actual power? Is it actually any good?

Any and all advice is much appreciated

Thanks all

Ps. I know this technically doesn't have to do with building but I know this is a great forum to ask this sorta question

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

rip of tbh i love the way they have i7 in the title tho even tho it actually has a core 2 quad.
    your better off ordering components for hardwareversand and have them put it together for you or have some from the "we'll build your pc" thread

Edit: also it dosn't come with an os either so having one custom built for you will equal in better quality and alot cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

I guess these things are designed to grab suckers like me :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice on the budget thread though :)

i presume your budget is €500 beings that your looking at the one for €450 on the other thread then?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

the absolute most I could stretch is 520

ahh i see then i think your better off replacing the dual core athlon with this tri-cor athlon:
    http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=37138&agid=1242
    just under €20 more ;)
    BTW just to let you know hardwareversand only accept payment by bank transfer so hopefully that isn't a problem with you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I was going to recommend the X3 in the other thread but decided that if the budget was tight that it might not be affordable. Definitely go for X3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

rip of tbh i love the way they have i7 in the title tho even tho it actually has a core 2 quad.
    your better off ordering components for hardwareversand and have them put it together for you or have some from the "we'll build your pc" thread

Edit: also it dosn't come with an os either so having one custom built for you will equal in better quality and alot cheaper

Any idea what the chip is?

very surprised to see a 5770 in there

It does say socket 1156 and "i7-860" with 2.8GHz. I reckon that they might have put in core 2 quad just for the sake of emphasising that it was a quad core (or perhaps to pick up searches).

the build design is on the " the budget pc" thread on the 60th page if anyone wants to check it out for themselves:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055278463&page=60

Quoting pages isn't a great idea as they depend on whatever number of posts per page a person has their settings at. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Intel Core 2 QUAD i7-860 4x 2.80GHz
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lolz

Yeah man, build your own, or pay €20 for HWVS to put it together for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

jme2010 wrote: »
    Intel Core 2 QUAD i7-860 4x 2.80GHz
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lolz

Yeah man, build your own, or pay €20 for HWVS to put it together for you.

I didn't read it properly first time

That is not a core to quad. Little bit dated, but v good chip.

Intel Core i7-860 Box 8192Kb, LGA1156 Product Description: Intel Core i7 860 / 2.8 GHz processor

Approx cost - lots

Advertisement