Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My attempt at a John Hinde

• 14-03-2011 1:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

I am a fan of John Hinde pictures. I'd love to live in that Ireland where the sun shines, it's a simpler quieter time and there's hay to be made before a trip to the seaside for ice cream.

I took this photo during the summer of 2009 on a mobile phone (HTC Touch HD) while I was cycling Mizen to Malin. This cottage is situated beside Graune Pet Farm near Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo.

My phone has an lovely way of saturating blues almost as if it's wearing an ND. I often prefer the results form my phone than from my camera.

I had a go at bitching this up to give it a bit of oompf. I a new at editing and learning gimp so I hope I did ok. Also added a touch of red to the centre - a hallmark of all Hinde's photos. To me it's a Hinde, the big blue sky, they atmosphere and the sentiment.

Any C&C welcome.

Before
    151540.jpg

After
    151541.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Nice John Hinde feel to it alright - pity about that yoke in the garden though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Third Eye

Here is my attempt based on your file. Super saturation is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

My mom always taught me that less is more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Third Eye is getting there, Hinde would have cut the right edge/foreground to remove dark/shadows, I left this one out in the sun! :)

JohnHindecottage2.jpg

transplanted yellow thatch to blue sky image

JohnHindecottage3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

Don't forget the signature bit of bold red in the centre somewhere

• Advertisement
Advertisement