Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Realization

• 14-03-2011 7:18am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭

The people who were looking at the scenes of the world and enjoying them, were in reality being deceived. All the world's turmoil is in the amazement at the way things come and go.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ok that's more of a statement than anything so I don't know how to answer it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

seanybiker wrote: »
    Ok that's more of a statement than anything so I don't know how to answer it.
    For me, the world is entirely an enchantment. Nothing told me of its reality, since I was a stranger in this world. The gist is that I wasn't able to understand the language of this place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

there shall, in that time, be *rumors* of things going astray, errrm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things wi - with the sort of raffia work base that has an attachment. At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock. Yea, it is written in the book of Cyril that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Reality and enchantment are two "concepts" that will never grasp the "reality" or "enchantment" of things as they are. Either way you're stuck in a bind of being removed from direct truth.

I'm the farmer whose enthusiasm itself works like lightning on his own harvest-- that is, it burns the harvest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

The world is just a myth this fact is known to everyone.

All the world's a stage (from As You Like It 2/7)

All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players:
    They have their exits and their entrances;
    And one man in his time plays many parts,
    His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,
    Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
    And then the whining school-boy, with his satchel
    And shining morning face, creeping like snail
    Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
    Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
    Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
    Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
    Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,
    Seeking the bubble reputation
    Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
    In fair round belly with good capon lined,
    With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
    Full of wise saws and modern instances;
    And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
    Into the lean and slipper'd pantaloon,
    With spectacles on nose and pouch on side,
    His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
    For his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice,
    Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
    And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
    That ends this strange eventful history,
    Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
    Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything. - William Shakespeare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

Realization is all about coming across truth of life and world. It can be achieved through enlightenment under the guidance of able guide/guru.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

meryem wrote: »
    Realization is all about coming across truth of life and world. It can be achieved through enlightenment under the guidance of able guide/guru.
    This is true, however it can be achieved alot quicker than going under the guidance of a guide or guru (alot of whom are probably not even enlightened themselves).
    If you are willing to acknowledge there is no 'you', no controller of the thoughts, body actions or anything, then you can begin the battle of trying to break down the illusion of the self. Realization occurs when the illusion disappears. Its not as hard as humans have been making it out to be for 1000s of years. Its really quite simple.
    You can push for it and achieve it quickly, but only if you are honest and open minded.

meryem wrote: »

The thread of oblivion with which all the pages of the world are sewn together-- I have not forgotten it. That is, oblivion is always before my eyes

Advertisement