Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bavaria

• 14-03-2011 8:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

I am planning to do a 2 week tour around Bavaria with the family in late April. The idea is to stay at 3 different places for 4/5 days.

I have looked at numerous websites, but I'd like to get some human feedback, as its a bit daunting.

My rough plan is to stay somewhere like Augsberg and maybe Rosenheim and Landshut, then take in whatever is near to these towns. Some must sees are Salzburg and King Ludwig II's castle.

If anyone has any experience in this area, I would welcome their input.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Our plan this year is to base ourselves around Bodensee for a week to explore the Bavarian Alps, see Neuschwanstein, Bergtesgarten and do some hill walking. Also planning to go along the Romantic road, it goes north from Munich and takes in some beautiful countryside. I've stayed in Burg Colmberg before and really want to go back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Just a reply on what we did...

Stayed about 20 mins from Füssen (SW of Munich) for 5 days. Did the castles, 32km ride around Fogensee, and the Romantic Road only as far as Augsberg.

Stayed next 5 days in Ruhpolding (SE of Munich). Loads of hiking, cable car up to the local mountain, day trip to Salzburg, and spent a lot of time at the accommodation as it was a small farm and excellent for the kids.

Was very happy with how it worked out, every day was bliss. Blessed with 30+ degrees every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

Hi Jagera

Do you have any more info on accommodation where you stayed on your trip? I'm planning a trip there in June this year with my wife and 10 year old son. We're hoping to do some walking/cycling and try to stay in a hotel with pool and some facilities for kids. Or maybe a decent self-catering/camping site.

Thanks!

Advertisement