Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on making new friends

Options
  • 14-03-2011 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi all just hoping to get a bit of advice

Im 22 (almost 23) and 7mths pregnant on my first

And well Ive lost touch with my old friends since I am no longer able to out to nightclubs etc and tbh no longer have the same interests as them anymore, I have been friends with since a young age because of school.

I was wondering if someone could suggest a few ways to get out there and make new friends.

I am a very shy person and it does take a bit for me to come out to someone new... so would need to be part of a group and edge in slowly... if you get me :o

Anyway thanks guys and girls...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Hi there,

I've moved your post to the pregnancy forum as I think the posters here would be in a better position to offer suitable & relevant ideas.

All the best :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You should come to our next meet up :)

I'm 23 and have two little girls, a 2 year old and a 1 year old :)

Mother and Toddler groups when you have the baby are a great idea

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It can be hard but you do make friends through having children.
    Go to any local mother and baby groups,if you are breast feeding then go to the support groups,come on our next boards parent and baby outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

Thanks guys

Its just crazy how things that seemed interesting and fun, no longer are to me!
    And a pretty scary thing starting all over again! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I know that feeling :) and thankfully I've made some great friends from here. I was 21 when I had my first and I was as apprehensive as you. I started going to a mother and toddler group last year and it's great to get some adult talk in!

If you need to chat you can PM me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I was just saying the same to my hubbie last night. I'm 25 and 3 months pregnant. We moved about 40 mins from where I grew up about 2 years ago and I still know very few people around.

Hope it's easy to make friends with other mammies or else I'm gonna be very lonely!!!

Advertisement