Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MaZda Software?

Options
  • 14-03-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Does anyone know anything about Mazda image analysis software? It got recommended to me for ultrasound image analysis for my research so I'm wondering if anyone else has used it for other image analysis?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I use the Image Processing Toolbox in Matlab for a lot of my image analysis needs. It's also pretty much the standard for this kind of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 S_S116

I'm using Image Pro software at the moment and it seems to be working fine but MaZda seems to have more options and gives much more details about the pixel intensity etc. of the image.

I've no experience of it but looking through their website there isn't anything there Matlab can't do. If you're in a University you more than likely have a Matlab license anyway.

What kind of analysis do you want to do? Look as histograms of intensity, texture segmentation, edge detection, 3D reconstruction?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 S_S116

I'm looking at pregnant and non-pregnant high resolution ultrasound images of bovine uterus and trying to see differences in echo-texture. I'd guess intensity would also be a useful measurement though.

Well intensity is your signal, without it you have nothing. However texture is different. Two different textures can have exactly the same intensity distribution.

Have a look at things like entropy filters, morphological operations and convolution kernels. These are the tools of the trade when looking at texture.

In terms of edge detection for identifying objects it's hard to beat Otsu's method to threshold and deal with binary images from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement