Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April meet up

Options
  • 14-03-2011 12:37pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It is nearly summer again so I am proposing another get together.

I am going to suggest the Zoo again and a picnic in the park or a picnic in Stephens Green.

Date : April 9th

I don't want anyone to be left out because the zoo is too expensive so we can work out something between 2 for 1 vouchers and those with zoo membership bringing other people in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm in :D

I'm gonna sticky this for a while too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Sounds good to me. Zoo and picnic is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Very nice, my little fella will be almost 11 weeks so weather, sleep deprivation et al permitting we'll definitely try to go to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

If I can I'll come, and have a go of all your buggys!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Count us in :D We didn't get to get to the last one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

i'd love to go but its elisha bday the tuesday before so she'll be at bday party in her da's and i dont fancy coming on my own lol. next time hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Great idea and I love the zoo but I am avoiding it until we have our daughter - it is one of my stupid pregnancy supserstisions - may see if daddy Shane and our son will go...our son will be over a year at this stage :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'll be at a friends wedding. Next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

would love to, we had a great time at the last one, but i'll be working unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Baby will be 6 weeks old so who knows if we'll get out the door, but it sounds good and we'll try!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Would love to go along and meet some of you, but depending on how punctual he/she is baby will only be a few weeks old at most.

Next one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

just wondering is it all parents and babys going?

my daughter is 8 :)

Not just babies - my daughters are 7 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

oh cool, ill try make it :)

My baby ain't here for another few months yet!
    S/he will barely be a bump by then :p (unless my tummy pops a lot in the next few weeks!)
    I'll be coming to play with buggies and steal some worldy parenting advice!! hehe ;)

That's it! Parents and Parents to be are welcome! Bumps and babies ;)

What time would suit everyone?

Well this is in 9 days. What times suit people? Morning or afternoon? I'm easy - either suits me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

How about 13:00?
    not too early and not too late:)

1 is great for me too :)

Can't wait :D

Works for me. It's a (play)date :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Ah no, would love to go but already have plans to go to the zoo for Mothers day. Hope to make the next one instead though :)
    Enjoy!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

So Saturday @ 1 in Dublin Zoo.
    If anyone wants my phone number for the occasion pm me.
    Opposite there entrance there is loads of grass,I usually sit there and wait for people so see you and your gorgeous little people there.

Perfect. See you there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

The husband double booked us for sat so unfortunately we won't be making it. Hopefully we'll see you at the next meetup. Enjoy and fingers crossed you get this lovely mild weather.

liliq wrote: »
    My baby ain't here for another few months yet!
    S/he will barely be a bump by then :p (unless my tummy pops a lot in the next few weeks!)
    I'll be coming to play with buggies and steal some worldy parenting advice!! hehe ;)

Looks like baby will be at least a bit of a bump in time for Saturday! :D
    Moonbeam wrote: »
    So Saturday @ 1 in Dublin Zoo.
    If anyone wants my phone number for the occasion pm me.
    Opposite there entrance there is loads of grass,I usually sit there and wait for people so see you and your gorgeous little people there.

PM'd you... :)

Just a reminder to anyone that wants to come along that this is tomorrow, we'll meet outside the zoo at 1pm just across from the entrance and sort out who has membership cards etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

How did it go? :)

Just myself, Moonbeam and liliq. January's car died so she didn't make it. Was a beautiful day so we just wandered around the zoo in the sunshine and enjoyed ourselves.

Raging I didn't make it too, stupid car has given us nothing but trouble since we bought it (engine died two days before christmas and we finally got it fixed the end of January and now the engine seems to have packed in again, thank god there's a warranty).

I hereby swear that by hail, sleet, snow or broken down car I will make the next meet, I was looking forward to it and Addison was disappointed she didn't get to see the monkeys...

By the way, where and when is the next one ;) haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Annoyed that I didn't go. I may be 41+5 but I can still walk perfectly well. Expected to be up to my elbows in nappies etc by now.

Advertisement