Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyhoura

• 14-03-2011 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi

Myself and some friends are going down to stay in Ballyhoura for a couple of days. We plan to do some mountain biking during the day but need something to do in the evening.. any ideas? there will be about 8-10 of us.

I see a town Kilfinane is quiet close, i imagine its small from the population but is there a pub in it that would be ok for the evening or anywere else we could go?

Cheers
    CB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Where in the Ballyhouras are you staying? Kilmallock is only about 5 miles from Ardpatrick, Kilfinane and has a theatre Friars Gate which puts on some excellent productions and gets some fairly sizable music acts some times have a look at their web pages, also good few pubs in Kilmallock, Kilfinane not sure what ones are good to go to though sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Bulgaden in Kilmallock for the dishcos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Kilmallock, Mitchelstown or Charleville are the closest large towns to the trails.
    As liquoriceall said there's a theatre in Kilmallock but also one in Lough Gur. Check out www.ballyhouracountry.com to see what's on in the area for the dates you'll be going, it's probably handiest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Howdy. Where are you plannng to stay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭FrankieMul

Hey Im from kilfinane we have 7 pubs and loads of B+B's as well as many trad Irish cottages to rent. We are about 3 miles from the biking area. We have a chipper and a restaurant. Several food shops. Also have the outdoor education centre which is the base for outdoor pursuits in the area. Rockclimbing etc... Give us a message if u have any other questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

Thanks for all the replies..

Sorted for accomodation and doing some bike trails the first day.
    FrankieMul can ye tell me how far in advance would ye need to book stuff if you wanted to do some activities? is there quad biking available in the area?

Cheers..
    C

Quad biking is available in a place called Kilworth in north Cork about 30 mins away however if you have your own there is tracks near the bike one for quading and scramblers.

For the other activities locally I would recommend getting on to them as soon as you can as during the summer there is camps and many travellers passing might be advisable just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭billyhead

Just a quick question for anyone in the know. How far is Killeedy in Clounsherick from Ballyhoura?

Ok Ballyhoura is an area about 700 sq KM its huge! Kilfinane is where the camp site and most activities and entertainment are being based from. Killeedy is about 50 mins from Kilfinane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,233 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Fermoy, Mallow and Tipperary Town would be also just as accessible, if you're driving and have a DD. I used to live close to Kilfiinane.

• Advertisement
Advertisement