Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donore Summer 5k Saturday 28/5/ 2011

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

3 stars (average)
    Same as above. I beat myself up after this race but everyone seems to have suffered over the last two k, went through 3k in 9.45 and finished with 16:52 :mad: just could not handle the wind.

Very well done Donore, could not fault anything about the event. At 15 euro, it was great value, really puts into perspective those individuals/groups who charge multiples of that and you get little in return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

4 stars (good)
    5/5 from me too - no problems at all, excellent race & well organised :)

It would be unfair to blame the club for the wind in our faces coming up that hill :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gleeson90

with that wind coming up that hill, fairballs 2 any1 who PB'd. Personally found it very tough at the hill, kilt me!! Well organised race!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Vinny Mulvey

Well done Donore on a great race...very well organised...I agree with above posts that wind messed up times...I was 8.49 at 3k and 15.20 or something at the finish...couldn't move in that wind...thanks thirstywork2, great to see u again and have a chat....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

4 stars (good)
    I can just see you now Vinny,feet up and nice cup of tea;)
    ps must book in with you for a massage if you have anything free
    wed pm me.Kev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭chinguetti

4 stars (good)
    Same as most everyone else. 5/5 - great job Donore on the goody bag, marshalls, finshing area simple as that.

Wind was a fecker though and glad that i wasn't going all out for a PB (food poisoning and terrible cramp at 6.30am in my right calf this morning to thank) as the wind at the top of hill could have cut you in half. 19.59 for me and glad of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

4 stars (good)
    Cracking race alright. Everything was spot on except the wind. My first 5k so a PB was guaranteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

4 stars (good)
    http://www.donoreharriers.com/home_nav_8_r_60.html

Summary results witha link at top to full results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 skippy2010

Big thanks for all the support at today's race - great work by all the volunteers, great support from our fellow running clubs and lots of goodies from our sponsors!

Results are now available here: http://www.donoreharriers.com/home_nav_8_r_60.html

We'll be getting in contact with those of you who didn't get a chance to pick up your prizes.

Well done to all!

Thanks again from the Donore crew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭chinguetti

4 stars (good)
    I think those times are way out. I started my watch crossing the start mat and stopped it when i hit the finish mat. I clocked it as 19.59, the results have me as 20.14.

If i'm wearing a chip, this shouldn't happen even if i did start a bit back the field as my time is from mat to mat. Was everyone clocked from the gun time and if so, can anyone confirm this for me? Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

chinguetti wrote: »
    If i'm wearing a chip, this shouldn't happen even if i did start a bit back the field as my time is from mat to mat. Was everyone clocked from the gun time and if so, can anyone confirm this for me? Thanks

Looks like it judging by Brian's time.

Should have said those are the gun times (gun to finish mat). We should have the chip times posted later this evening.

Thanks,
    Ali

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

3 stars (average)
    Any team results? Couldn't see them on the website. Think we (Rathfarnham) won it?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

I have sent the chip times to Ali for uploading with the other times. I prefer to hold off the chip times until a few hours after as it means the guntimes are the official finishing times and are the ones they use to work out placings and prizes. Chip times are purely for information and thus can confuse the less experienced runners.

Email me if you are mad keen to get them before Donore upload them. Great race, well organised and easy to manage.

championchipireland@googlemail.com

Hi All,

The team results have now been updated on the Donore website - www.donoreharriers.com. The winner of the men's club team was Rathfarnham, the women's was DSD, and the Corporate team was won by BNY Mellon.

Congrats all!

• Advertisement

Also meant to say that chip times are now available here: http://www.donoreharriers.com/home_nav_8_r_60.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

4 stars (good)
    Excellent race, organisation was top-notch, and great value.
    The wind was a bit of a killer on the day, but the course is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

4 stars (good)
    What do people normally go by for their PB's? There is a four second difference between my chip time and gun time, I'm thinking chip time as it is 4 sec faster :) plus I think it is more accurate.

4 stars (good)
    What do people normally go by for their PB's? There is a four second difference between my chip time and gun time, I'm thinking chip time as it is 4 sec faster :) plus I think it is more accurate.

Criteria for PB is at the least accurate time and accurate distance. There is 5k between the timing mats and the time is measured accurately between mats therefore the chip time is for a 5k distance and you are perfectly correct in choosing the chip time as the PB if it took a few secs to cross the starting mat.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

4 stars (good)
    20.02 massive PB for me was happy out.. especially with the wind, found it hard.

Thanks Danore was great race :D

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    Anyone see any photos around the net yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Anyone see any photos around the net yet?

Try Racepix.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

4 stars (good)
    Here's moi
    http://www.racepix.com/donoresummer2011/racephotos/509/photo/105/
    Thanks SP

Saw one of you aswell vagga

4 stars (good)
    Try Racepix.com.
    Ah yea, they were not up there this morning, never checked again, my bad

4 stars (good)
    http://www.racepix.com/donoresummer2011/racephotos/509/photo/85/

This is the opposite of what we led to believe, digger is the one struggling :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Runner 391, that's me... I look like I am suffering more than I was there! ha tis funny

4 stars (good)
    Anyone have a garmin distance on this for pig iron~?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

T runner wrote: »
    Anyone have a garmin distance on this pig iron~?

3.12 miles for me.

4 stars (good)
    T runner wrote: »
    Anyone have a garmin distance on this pig iron~?

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/88459534

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

4 stars (good)
    Thats was some average heart rate you had.Thought you where switching to km's :D

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    Thats was some average heart rate you had.Thought you where switching to km's :D

Nope gave up on that crap last week :D
    I compared the AHR with a few other 5kms and I'm still a few beats down so maybe I could have worked harder.

Advertisement