Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop wireless connectivity problems

Options
  • 14-03-2011 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

Recently been having problems with my laptop. It connects @ 54Mbps but drops to 18/5/1 constantly. When it drops to 1Mbps web pages wont load.

It happens randomly, but all the time. Up until a few days ago I never had this problem. No changes were made to the laptop whatsoever, I only use it for browsing.

Iv updated/Reinstalled the wireless card driver. Its not a problem with the router as theres 3 other laptops in the house and none of them have this problem. Its not a problem with the signal as its always full, and the problem persists even when im beside the wireless router. I have tryed changing wireless channels and 802.11 modes but the problem still remains. Also tryed resetting the router, definately think its some sort of hardware prob at this stage.

Thanks...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you tried it in any other wireless situations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Nope, its not really portable to be honest, hinges are damaged and it needs repair. Ill try and see if it has the same problem on another network though

Advertisement