Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet reccomendation needed in Dublin Northside around Coolock, Malahide Road area

• 14-03-2011 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi,

Getting a puppy in a few weeks time and need some recommendations of a good Vet that isn’t going to charge above normal rates, someone who is friendly and not looking to give me the hard sell each time I go in there.

Thanks in advance

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

Raheny Vets is excellent, we take our pup there and the staff seem very informed and you're never rushed out the door :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Raheny is the one I use also, they are very nice.

There is just one nurse(I wont say who) that seems to hurt all my animals whenever she gives injections. She always says "oh, insert breed are always crybabies" before jabbing in the needle and yes she says this for any animal I have brought in and yes the animal cries alot and bleeds alot afterward. We she microchipped my dog some how the microchip disappeared a week later and he had to be done again(by someone else who was very good and my pup didnt even know it was happening).

When ever the other staff see my animals the are always very gentle and the animal feels nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Pat the main man up there in Raheny is a good guy and I would definitely recommend their aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

I use Clontarf Veterinary Hospital on the Malahide Road, just down from Graingers. It's part of the Anicare group and I find them good value but very good with my cat also.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭no1girliegirl

Denis in Bull Wall Veteinary Surgery in Clontarf is the only vet i would use. He doesnt rip people off, he cares a bout the animals and is also very friendly to the owners, happily giving advice on anything you need.

If your getting a pup, there are some lovely pups in the DSPCA, rescue dogs are great, mixed bredds are great too, less chance of health and attitide problems.

Good Luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Quick

Thanks for all the advice, looks like Raheny vets are a goer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

+1 on Raheny, have been using them for years with all my gang of cats and dogs.

Advertisement