Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud noises & pregnancy

Options
  • 14-03-2011 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

Just wondered what people's thoughts are on this.........I used to be in a band but left once I found out I was pregnant. The band are playing a gig on Paddy's Day and wondered if I would help them out doing backing vocals for the gig. I am also 25 weeks gone and wondered if the noise would harm the baby in any way or is the baby well protected by all the layers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I went to a gig when I was in my 3rd trimester and the baby seemed quite happy with the loud music. He spent the whole time kicking and wriggling around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No problems at all with loud noises, baby is all muffled in there by the amniotic fluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

I think I was mainly concerned because I would be standing right up there beside the band on stage so would be close to the noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

but being in the band you're behind the speakers so it's actually not as loud as it would be in front of them ;) was in my dad's band also for years, including most of my first pregnancy. She's 12 now and shows no after effects :D if it's any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I had orchestra seats to Mamma Mia when I was pregnant and I left because he was sicking so much it was making me feel sick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

I went to a gig when I was in my 3rd trimester and the baby seemed quite happy with the loud music. He spent the whole time kicking and wriggling around.

This baby has been to quite a few gigs, and even a Rock music festival, and, once he/she likes the band it's been fine. If baby doesn't like them I know all about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Squiggler that's hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Squiggler that's hilarious!

It's so funny... hubby can see the reaction now too, makes us both laugh. Angry/huffy kicks and movements. Same reaction when Daddy snores!

I just hope Winnie's little one likes her band :D

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Squiggler wrote: »
    I just hope Winnie's little one likes her band :D

So do I ! :D
    thanks for all the advice everyone, I think I will go do it so and enjoy it!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I think once the mother is relaxed and enjoying the music then baby is fine.. I remember being in a work meeting at around 7 months where a row kicked off between 2 of the foremen and it was quite a tense few minutes for everyone in the room and my little man went bananas.. it was as though he was trying to get out.. :(

But I went out a couple of times dancing with my friends in the late stages of pregnancy and there wasn't a move out of him... No drink or anything obviously just loud music but I was enjoying it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement