Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 and microphone controls...

Options
  • 14-03-2011 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

This is pissing me off something fierce.

In my old machine, I had XP Home and the same sound card, a Creative Blaster Titanium Pro Falit1ty and used the light green plug for my headphones and the darker blue connection for my mic. It worked fine. I built myself a ridiculously powerful machine with Windows 7 64bit and for some reason, my sound card, nor the one integrated into the motherboard will work with the mic. I thought it might be a problem with the mic. But no, my laptop also has Win7 and it works fine. My old computer, works fine.

I've tried the pink microphone connection and nothing. The only thing that appears to be working is a digital input (S/PDIF) which is one of the optical connections on the sound card. It just will not at all show any life at all and I can't understand why.

I have a Saitek Cyborg keyboard and it has audio cables connected to the inputs and outputs on the back of my case. I have tried everything including connecting directly into the mic connections of both soundcards but no good.

A friend of mine told me that if you have a crash when you try to install Win7 or if you cancel the installation for whatever reason, some modules might not install properly. I did a clean install this morning with everything looking like it should work but nothing. Same problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

What motherboard is it? Had similar issue with my new build recently also. Asusp7p55d, and the bios default is HDMI audio. I changed it to AC97 at bios setup and its working now. I don't have a seperate sound card, and I am just using the mobo onboard sound, but resolution may still work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

It may be that it's working but the volume level could be too low to hear.
    There should be a +20dB boost option in the mic options.

Try going to Control Panel/Sound/Recording , select the microphone then configure (or properties). There should be an option there for enabling microphone boost (+20dB).

It's worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Did u try getting the lastest HD Audio drivers from RealTek;
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/

The lastest version is R2.58.
    The Realtek Audio panel might help because all plugged-in
    devices can be seen seperately in Tabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

I had a similar problem while using an XFi Titanium, Creative's software and support is just plain bad, my microphone was useless in the mic jack.

Try disabling onboard sound in the bios, then install the latest creative drivers. Change the Flexi-Jack from "Line In" to "Microphone" in the Creative control panel. Set the recording volumes etc to max. Plug the mic in to that jack, it's the light blue one on the right side on my card. That got the mic working and audible for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

seyeM wrote: »
    I had a similar problem while using an XFi Titanium, Creative's software and support is just plain bad, my microphone was useless in the mic jack.

Try disabling onboard sound in the bios, then install the latest creative drivers. Change the Flexi-Jack from "Line In" to "Microphone" in the Creative control panel. Set the recording volumes etc to max. Plug the mic in to that jack, it's the light blue one on the right side on my card. That got the mic working and audible for me.

Already tried both of those solutions and no dice.

Advertisement