Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A place / way to get rid of stuff when moving?

• 14-03-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭

We're moving home, and I'm looking for a way to get rid of a lot of stuff that isn't even suitable for a recycling / charity shop. I've already given them a lot of clothes and kids toys.

The kind of stuff I'm talking about now is a used toasted sandwich maker, a blender with a broken lid (still works, but couldn't be given to anybody), a cheap hairdryer, a suitcase too heavy to be useful for travelling, a buggy (not taken by the St. V de P shop), an old carpet that was used as a child's play area floor, and other accumulated stuff.

Is there a place I can take all these things and get rid of them (for a fee I'm sure)? Or do I need to call one of the 'rubbish removal' places? In either case, does anybody know how much it would cost?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

osarusan wrote: »
    We're moving home, and I'm looking for a way to get rid of a lot of stuff that isn't even suitable for a recycling / charity shop. I've already given them a lot of clothes and kids toys.

The kind of stuff I'm talking about now is a used toasted sandwich maker, a blender with a broken lid (still works, but couldn't be given to anybody), a cheap hairdryer, a suitcase too heavy to be useful for travelling, a buggy (not taken by the St. V de P shop), an old carpet that was used as a child's play area floor, and other accumulated stuff.

Is there a place I can take all these things and get rid of them (for a fee I'm sure)? Or do I need to call one of the 'rubbish removal' places? In either case, does anybody know how much it would cost?

Place out near Foynes (Shanagolden) - full carload can be dumped for under €15.

Gortadroma Landfill.
    Gortadroma, Ballyhahill, County Limerick (approximately 3 miles from the village of Shanagolden)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭odnauq

Check with the County Council re locations for Recycling Centres for household old electic, paper, plastics, glass, metal, etc. Can't speak for Limerick and I know Galway has a few centres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The recycling place in Mungret takes a lot of stuff. A lot more than I had thought. Worth popping out to see what they can take. No charge for taking electrical goods anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

For the usable stuff try www.jumbletown.ie or free ads on any website like Gumtree or Adverts.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Next to Musgrave cash and carry there is a recyling place that will take all the electronic stuff toasters etc anyway, for free. They also take paper and cardboard etc, i reckon they will take a good chunk of what you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hegarty's scrap metal on the Tipperary Road will take anything electronic for free and recycle it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

osarusan wrote: »

Mungret Recycling centre will take in most of them.

Advertisement