Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fkiely new log 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Thought McIlroy had it for us. Shame, think the pressure got to him. I only had 2e each way on him but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Was a bit of an unlucky weekend to be honest.
    McIllroy blew a four shot lead on the last day
    Munster won by 5 when I had them to win by 6 or more
    Midnight Club finished 6th when pp were paying out on five places
    Toulouse drew but won in extra time
    Villa had a perfectly good goal disallowed but won 1-0 when I had them -1
    Still though, a couple of decent wins evens it out for the weekend.
    Balance: 1420
    Profit/Loss: +1220

Tonight I’m on just the one: 40 on Liverpool at 6/4

fkiely wrote: »

Another 30 on this at 8/5

Another 30 on this at 8/5

Went with ya on this one (against my better instinct). Looking good so far, put 20 on it about 2 mins before Carrol's goal:D Thanks(hopefully don't jinx it now)

I don't think I'd forgive Liverpool if they messed this up!

In play: 28 on Man City +3 at 15/8

• Advertisement

I don't think I'd forgive Liverpool if they messed this up!

In play: 28 on Man City +3 at 15/8

Now for it to finsh 3 - 2 and have a nice little return:P

Shouldn't have bothered with the City bet, they were incrediably poor. I was going to back them at the weekend but I'll be rethinking that. Still though, can't complain that much.

Balance: 1500
    Profit/Loss: +1300

Two for me tomorrow night
    40 on Shakhtar at 21/10
    60 on Chelsea to qualify at 5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

I take it you don't rate united fkiely.... you've backed against them quite a bit! looking forward to tonight's game

Dunston wrote: »
    I take it you don't rate united fkiely.... you've backed against them quite a bit! looking forward to tonight's game

I know yeah, you'd swear I'd learn my lesson at this stage but obviously not.. I just think it's quite an average Man United team and can be got at. It's a tough ask for Chelsea but if they go about it with a 4-4-3 formation and get an early goal it could change the whole complexion of the game. Will be an interesting match regardless though.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

I know yeah, you'd swear I'd learn my lesson at this stage but obviously not.. I just think it's quite an average Man United team and can be got at. It's a tough ask for Chelsea but if they go about it with a 4-4-3 formation and get an early goal it could change the whole complexion of the game. Will be an interesting match regardless though.

I can't see United losing this evening. their home record coupled with Fergusons know how in these situations is too strong against a aside that has looked average all season.

Although if Chelsea play 4-4-3 they might sturglle without a keeper!!:)

• Advertisement

frat wrote: »
    I can't see United losing this evening. their home record coupled with Fergusons know how in these situations is too strong against a aside that has looked average all season.

Although if Chelsea play 4-4-3 they might sturglle without a keeper!!:)

Ha, it's the new forward thinking formation mate... To be honest I'm not extremely confident at all about Chelsea's chances and could easily see Man United winning on the night, never mind overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Love this log mate , gonna follow you starting from May when i come into bit of money
    Love the way you have your bets up early
    How much do you think i should start with ?

Love this log mate , gonna follow you starting from May when i come into bit of money
    Love the way you have your bets up early
    How much do you think i should start with ?

Cheers fella, very much appreciated. Hopefully you weren't following last night though!

In regards to how much you should start with mate, it's all very relative. Ask yourself how much you can afford to lose, as in how much you wouldn't be pissed off with if you lost the lot. If it's 20 or 100, it doesn't matter as long as you don't mind if it goes pear shaped. Best of luck with it though mate.

Should have listened to you frat, Chelsea were muck. Need to learn my lesson about the Mancs really. Think I'll avoid backing against them for the rest of the season.

Poor night, losing both my bets. Not sure if anything takes my fancy tonight but I'll have a longer look at it over the morning.

Balance: 1400
    Profit/Loss: +1200

Was very tempted by a Real and Inter double but decided to go with the (hopefully...) safer double in the end. 100 on over 2.5 goals in both of tonights Champions League games, pays 269.23

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Was very tempted by a Real and Inter double but decided to go with the (hopefully...) safer double in the end. 100 on over 2.5 goals in both of tonights Champions League games, pays 269.23

Was going to pile into this myself but seeing only 1 goal scored last night in the Barca game has made me less certain. Dead rubber games can be tricky to call so going to keep the stakes low enough for this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 chunko

wouldn't call it a complete dead rubber, inter turned it around against bayern so they have a lot to play for and spurs will feel they owe their fans so they will go at real madrid but will leave gaps at the back. i think that double is a good bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gavlar7

I think both games will be a draw tonight.... spurs high scoring draw and Inter low scoring draw...:rolleyes:

unlucky last night should have been penalties on 2 occasions

Twente – Villarreal

Despite the 5-1 loss in the first leg, I actually quite like the look of the home side tonight in what should be a very entertaining game.

Twente can take some hope from the weekends results, with Valencia hammering Villarreal 5-0 in La Liga. It’s an under strength Twente side tonight but Villarreal are also missing some key players. Anyone who saw them at the weekend will have seen how much they miss Gonzalo and others at the back. They were a shambles in defence and although it’s unlikely to be quite so bad again, Twente can take some solace from it.

Twente meanwhile shall be missing some key players also. It can be argued that those missing aren’t of such importance to Twente as the suspended Nilmar and Santi Carzola are to Villarreal however. Whilst Rossi and Nilmar have been superb this season, there isn’t really much depth in the Villarreal squad to cover these absentees with Ruben expected to come in.

Twente are still unbeaten at home in Europe this season which is quite a considerable achievement considering that they’ve played the likes of Inter, Spurs, Zenit, Ruben Kazan and Werder Bremen. They’ve also only lost 2 in the last 51 games they’ve played at home which is an incredible statistic.

The big danger tonight is if Villarreal bounce back with a point to prove tonight after the weekends humiliation but hopefully Twente will also have a point to prove after the first leg. There is also a bit of a worry that Twente will leave tonight off in order to concentrate on the league and domestic cup. I sincerely hope they don’t....

It’s highly unlikely that Twente will qualify but I think there is value on backing them to win on the night.

170 on Twente at 5/4

• Advertisement

Followed you with this. Great write-up. Gone for Braga aswell myself.

Bollocks to that anyway. Sorry about that mate, was looking good until the stupid peno and red card.

QPR look good at 1/2 to beat Derby at home tomorrow. Would you fancy them yourself and for some reason i have a feeling wigan will get a result against blackpool they are 15/8 it would be a shock result but thats premier league football, guaranteed a shock. definitely over 2.5 goals in that game i would fancy. also someone to get a red card in el classico

chunko wrote: »
    QPR look good at 1/2 to beat Derby at home tomorrow. Would you fancy them yourself and for some reason i have a feeling wigan will get a result against blackpool they are 15/8 it would be a shock result but thats premier league football, guaranteed a shock. definitely over 2.5 goals in that game i would fancy. also someone to get a red card in el classico

I really like the look of QPR, they're playing very well at the moment and I was very impressed with them when I saw them last week. I'd have no hesitation in backing them at home especially. Wigan Blackpool can go anyway to be honest but Wigan certainly shouldn't be as big a price as they are in my eyes, it looks like a 50-50 to me. Good luck with whatever you go for, let us know anyway.

Just the two for me tonight.
    30 on Norwich at evens
    20 on Norwich and Shamrock Rovers at 7/2

Another 20 on Norwich at 10/11

28.18 on the Waratahs +7 at 10/11
    20 on the Waratahs to win at 9/4

Jaysus, didn't see this coming from the Blues! Terrible bet already and it's only 30 minutes into the game..

Try and save a bit of face, 30 on the Waratahs +27 at 10/11

47.27 on the Reds -7 at 10/11
    20 on a treble of Cardiff, Everton and Bolton at just under 6/1

• Advertisement

50.24 on Motherwall at 11/10

Advertisement