Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bought a Fuji Bridge, looking for a good deal on a card.

• 14-03-2011 2:01pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Bought this recently.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5595125/Trail/searchtext>FUJI].htm[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Not an SLR, but I'm only starting out/experimenting so I figured it was a fine camera to go for. I'm looking for an SD card. Anyone know of a really good bargain going online or in a store in dublin? The camera only shoots JPEG as far as I know, no RAW, but it does shoot 720p video, and I'd like to play around with that, so I am looking for a high enough capacity . I'm surprised there isn't a stickied thread for all the latest bargains already, or else I'm missing whats right in front of my face :P One question though, are those mini-sd cards/SD adaptors generally a bad idea? Is it best to go with just a plain SD card?
    [/FONT]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Stay with the robust SD card, the micro is a bit fiddly.
    www.shop4memory.com is in Celbridge and will deliver free by post.
    But you will also get the SD cards in Argos,Sam Macauleys, Tesco, Harvey Normans as well as the camera shops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

check in on moor street there is plenty of them chinese phone shops i picked up a4g sdhc (i think it is) for a tenner. the hc makes it save faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

Andy!! wrote: »
    I'm looking for an SD card. Anyone know of a really good bargain going online or in a store in dublin? The camera only shoots JPEG as far as I know, no RAW, but it does shoot 720p video, and I'd like to play around with that, so I am looking for a high enough capacity .

If you are in a great hurry to play with your new toy, buy a cheap
    4GB SDHC card from your local supermarket. You will probably
    need class-6 or faster for HD video. You can buy higher capacity
    cards at reasonable prices on eBay.

Buy from someone with lots of sales and a 100% feedback rating.
    I had good experience with this seller: http://myworld.ebay.ie/nyproo
    8GB Class-10 for around €13.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Thanks for the replies everybody.
    pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Stay with the robust SD card, the micro is a bit fiddly.
    www.shop4memory.com is in Celbridge and will deliver free by post.
    But you will also get the SD cards in Argos,Sam Macauleys, Tesco, Harvey Normans as well as the camera shops

I went with one of the featured cards from this site in the end, the 8GB Transcend Ultimate SDHC CL10 Secure Digital Memory Card. Should be good enough right? Its a class 10 so video shouldnt be a problem. I'll check out that ebay seller as well, I need a 2gig card for another purpose.

I'll post my first experiments with the camera later :)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Far too embarrased to post these in the random snaps thread :P Still experimenting. There is some post-processing going on in these images, nothing major though.

2011_03020004.jpg

2011_03020005.jpg

flowers.jpg

sashimi.jpg

sushi.jpg

staring%20contest.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement