Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A deluded religious nutjob's view on Japan.. Or badly timed troll.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

I have to say I agree with Liah, yes the girl is a total a$$hat and said some horrible things, while she deserves some sort of response to her retarded comments I think it should be kept on the Internet. Interfering with someones life by making harassing phone calls, calling to the door etc seems too extreme. By all means make a meme about her or make fun on her you tube channel but let that be the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I would tap that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

Hedman wrote: »
    I very much doubt the group Anonymous that attacked Mastercard and Amazon etc would be behind an attack on the girl,...
    Hedman wrote: »
    ...It's more likely that some kid from 4chan got her details and posted them up.

some kids from 4chan = Anonymous

The internet hate machine really isn't all that, gotta love em all the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Puddleduck wrote: »
    I have to say I agree with Liah, yes the girl is a total a$$hat and said some horrible things, while she deserves some sort of response to her retarded comments I think it should be kept on the Internet. Interfering with someones life by making harassing phone calls, calling to the door etc seems too extreme. By all means make a meme about her or make fun on her you tube channel but let that be the end of it.

Why do people seem to think "The Internet" is a place?

It is not! "The Internet" is an illusion. All it is is a NETwork of INTER-connected computers!

Why should people react differently just because she chose to use a computer to put this out there>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Why do people seem to think "The Internet" is a place?

It is not! "The Internet" is an illusion. All it is is a NETwork of INTER-connected computers!

Why should people react differently just because she chose to use a computer to put this out there>

They shouldn't be harassing her for expressing her opinion regardless of the internet being involved. Harassment is illegal. What's so hard to understand about that?

There's a REALLY, REALLY big line between vocally disagreeing with someone to their face or in comments on a YouTube page or slagging her off between your mates and directing people to harass and threaten someone at their home and destroy their entire reputation. A very clear line that I'm surprised normally rational people are genuinely advocating crossing.

Keep this in perspective: She has not harassed anyone. She has not caused permanent damage to anyone. What she said was horrible, nobody has argued that and nobody will, but she has not done anything against the law, she expressed her opinion on HER OWN YouTube channel, she did NOT force anyone to view her videos, and she does not deserve being harassed in her home for expressing her opinion, no matter how much you may disagree with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭McKuntmissioner

nothing racist about her statement nor mine...she's referring to a natural disaster here. her belief that god was responsible is not racist..she's entitled to her beliefs..

It's funny, but not surprising, that you don't recognize her statements as racist.
    america breed people with this mind set. americans are retarded. you got to remember america dropped an A Bomb on civilians..they deserve the same in return.

People breed people with that mindset, not countries.

You write about "america" as if she was a single person, instead of hundreds of millions of individuals.

liah wrote: »
    They shouldn't be harassing her for expressing her opinion regardless of the internet being involved. Harassment is illegal. What's so hard to understand about that?

There's a REALLY, REALLY big line between vocally disagreeing with someone to their face or in comments on a YouTube page or slagging her off between your mates and directing people to harass and threaten someone at their home and destroy their entire reputation. A very clear line that I'm surprised normally rational people are genuinely advocating crossing.

Keep this in perspective: She has not harassed anyone. She has not caused permanent damage to anyone. What she said was horrible, nobody has argued that and nobody will, but she has not done anything against the law, she expressed her opinion on HER OWN YouTube channel, she did NOT force anyone to view her videos, and she does not deserve being harassed in her home for expressing her opinion, no matter how much you may disagree with it.

I completely get what you're saying and nowhere once have I said that publishing her details is the right thing to do!

The point i'm trying to make is, people have this vision of "the Internet" being a place that exists in their computer and they can close their computer and it goes away! And because there's a certain level of anonymity, they can do what they want.

Well they can't! And if you're going to be going on the internet and causing sh*t, be prepared to receive APPROPRIATE consequences! (I am not saying what happened to her is appropriate)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

some kids from 4chan = Anonymous

Lol, wut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I completely get what you're saying and nowhere once have I said that publishing her details is the right thing to do!

The point i'm trying to make is, people have this vision of "the Internet" being a place that exists in their computer and they can close their computer and it goes away! And because there's a certain level of anonymity, they can do what they want.

Well they can't! And if you're going to be going on the internet and causing sh*t, be prepared to receive APPROPRIATE consequences! (I am not saying what happened to her is appropriate)

Then what are you arguing with me for :pac:

liah wrote: »
    Then what are you arguing with me for :pac:

I wasn't really, from the start i was saying I didn't agree with the vigilantism :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Stupid aside, but I know a bloke and I kid you not, he looks exactly like her..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shebbyare

ALL HAIL ANONYMOUS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

whats with the anti japan/asian bull**** on the net lately lads... seriously... these sluts have to cut it out ( though that ching chong ucla chick would get it for havin a sub zero IQ )

who lives in a pineapple under japan ??? sponge bob hiroshima pants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Now that she has closed her account due to said ****storm did anyone actually save her vids ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

She came clean and said she was a troll. Even so, what kind of nutcase comes out with those kinds of statements to troll?
    Irritating face on her. So smug. Her voice isn't any better.

The fact that she's a troll makes it 100 times worse (presuming this video is a geniune statement and not one designed to get people off her back).

I could understand if she really WAS a religious nutjob saying these things, there really ARE nutjobs out there who would think this! But the fact that she knowingly said what she said to get a reaction out of people?? It's horrendous!

She deserves the sh*t-storm that gets thrown back at her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Im for freedom of speech but not freedom from consequences of your actions.

If you tell a racist joke to a minority, dont be suprised if they punch you. If you go on the internet using your own face and spout on about how great it is that thousands of people have died (troll or not) then expect to be harrassed, at home.

maybe you'll learn some sense

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

What a sad, sad young girl..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

nothing racist about her statement nor mine...she's referring to a natural disaster here. her belief that god was responsible is not racist..she's entitled to her beliefs..america breed people with this mind set. americans are retarded. you got to remember america dropped an A Bomb on civilians..they deserve the same in return.

Once again with the sweeping generalisation. So everyone in the US deserves an Atomic bomb dropped on them because of the decision made by their Government in World War 2?

Oh thats right I forgot in your world every American had their hand on the button and fully supported their countries actions. And everyone one of them have the same belief as your one in the video. You keep banging that nonsense drum of yours. You are as bad as that girl and all of those you are calling retarded yourself.

Advertisement