Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pilates classes

Options
  • 14-03-2011 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

My back and posture isn't great and I've been told pilates would be worth looking into. Has anybody got any recommendations for a pilates class in or around the city centre?

I'm reasonably fit and I'm looking for a beginner's class for younger people (I'm 24). I know it's mainly girls who do pilates so if possible I'd prefer it if I wasn't the only guy in the class.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

daveyjoe wrote: »
    My back and posture isn't great and I've been told pilates would be worth looking into. Has anybody got any recommendations for a pilates class in or around the city centre?

I'm reasonably fit and I'm looking for a beginner's class for younger people (I'm 24). I know it's mainly girls who do pilates so if possible I'd prefer it if I wasn't the only guy in the class.

I'm in the same boat so I'd be interested in joining too - I'm 22 and need to work on my posture/back etc.

I'll keep an eye for updates and give me a PM if you find anything in the meantime - I'd appreciate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I also am looking for a yoga/pilates class. I was told last week that my back is incredibly tight, which is not a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

gimmick wrote: »
    I also am looking for a yoga/pilates class. I was told last week that my back is incredibly tight, which is not a good thing.

I was told it was the main cause for my hamstrings tearing - tight back due to poor posture etc.

Stoopid spines :(

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Hiya....I've done pilates at this place http://www.thepilatesstudio.ie/

I did the fundamentals class but wasn't able to continue with others classes due to other commitments.
    I found it very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Went to a class in this place tonight www.dancetillyoudrop.net. Wasn't pilates but the class before mine was, was peeking and it looked good. Male and females there, and reasonably priced also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

In the gym where I do kickboxing, there is a pilates on Wednesday nights 7.30. Not sure what the male/female ratio is. Gonna give it a shot next week

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/pages/K2C-Martial-Arts-Fitness-Centre/111565795538663

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Redr

daveyjoe wrote: »

Suzanne Griffith of Cork Pilates is very good and comes recommended by physio's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Hi guys, I decided to go with the Maradyke. I'm half way through the six classes and I'm reasonably satisfied with it.

Advertisement