Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for help to spec a first time build

Options
  • 14-03-2011 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭

Hi all (and Sol if your around :p), well the time has come and I have no more excuses while my Lappy is on its last legs so I want to build my first PC rather than getting Dell to do it. I really have no idea to start in specing the build which is a bit embarrassing coming from someone who is suppose to be studying for a comp sci degree :o.

I am setting aside a budget of €1,500 (mainly because I want to future proof it as much as possible) if I can save on this I wont complain.
    The purpose for the build will be for firstly software development and games development and secondly gaming (which kind of goes hand in hand anyway).

Would need every thing bar keyboard and mouse.
    I would like to go dual screen (not fussed on size - whats a decent size 22" ?).

Would also want to include an OS in the price (would x86 be enough or should I go 64 - Still using x86 here in the college).

So could someone help me out, would really appreciate it.

Trekmad

Comments

Advertisement