Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break- in Julianstown

Options
  • 14-03-2011 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

Hi all

two commercial premesis broken into in Julianstown weekend,11-13th March.

Stolen from me, silver Toshiba laptop, no lead, and the battery is bad so it will only work for a few minutes without the mains lead.

Its at least 5 yrs old and not worth much, but as usual its the files on the laptop, which are worth more, but only to me.

Reported to the Gardai in Laytown, anyone offered a cheap laptop, please contact Gardai

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Sorry to hear that OP, I got my car broken into at Mornington Beach, it's so frustrating to have your property violated. As helpful as the guards in Laytown were, they are critically understaffed so I wouldn't expect much from them, even the station is only open on a part time basis.

I heard the tyre centre in Duleek was broken into the week before, apparantly the burglers spent a few hours clearing the place out.

It's a sign of the recessionary times that burglaries and petty crime increases - just as people are finding it tougher to get by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Thanks for your post, yea the Gardai are understaffed. Squad car arrived after my call, and they took a statment. Nice guy, but admitted there is no hope of catching anyone.
    He suggested I wait until the finger-print guy came before tidying up, so I sat with a broken window for 7 hrs, eventually at 6pm I boarded up the window and went home.

Pity the robbers did not call last night as I left a window open by mistake, they could have been in without breaking a window this time

Advertisement