Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To My Surprise Supporting GNR in 2006

Options
  • 14-03-2011 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Just checked out the Internet Archive in the hope of finding an old gig poster and discovered that To My Surprise were originally scheduled as the support for Guns N Roses after the Crue cancelled/dropped out in 2006

But I was at the gig and there was no sign of them playing? Did I miss something huge or any particular reason why they pulled out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So a support band didn't show up for a gig 6 yrs ago and yer wondering if ya missed anything. About time we had a 'stupid questions' thread here for this type if query to go in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I think most people wouldn't know as they were still in the boozer and not expecting Axl on until midnight. I only left Paddy Cullens 5 minutes before they hit the stage,haven't a clue who else was on the bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

scudzilla wrote: »
    So a support band didn't show up for a gig 6 yrs ago and yer wondering if ya missed anything. About time we had a 'stupid questions' thread here for this type if query to go in

A support band, connected with Slipknot, supported at a gig that the main support had already withdrawn from. So I'm just wondering whether there was a particular reason why this second support was cancelled.

Not a stupid question, I know they didn't play that day, I saw everything - I'm just wondering why they pulled out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I wouldn't necessarily say it's a stupid question, just one that I doubt anyone on here will be able to answer. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's never heard of To My Surprise. In fact I clicked into the thread thinking you were talking about For My Pain (no, I don't know how my brain made that connection either :p).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Malice wrote: »
    I wouldn't necessarily say it's a stupid question, just one that I doubt anyone on here will be able to answer. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's never heard of To My Surprise. In fact I clicked into the thread thinking you were talking about For My Pain (no, I don't know how my brain made that connection either :p).

I thought To My Surprise were more well known, they're the band that Clown from Slipknot plays in on his solo outings

38649_image_1.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement