Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deer

• 14-03-2011 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was driving into work one day last week and had to stop the car cos not only did 1 deer, not 2 but 3 deer jump out on the road crossed in front of me and jumped over the other ditch. I looked into the field passing and there was a 4th, they were gorgeous!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

where did this happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭tishiewishie

In Co. Waterford near Dungarvan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

OP, do you not see deer much? Regular occurence around here. What breed were they? Fallow?

No wouldn't see much deer, have seen the odd 1 or 2 over the years but never 4 like this. Not a clue what breed they were, sorry.

Just a few out the back of the homeplace, literally a stone throw away
    onthemove.jpg
    lotsofdeer-1.jpg
    lonedeer.jpg

• Advertisement

They are gorgeous pictures!!! :)

usually get better, the sister wanted to see them that day, so when i called out to the home place for her, she was geared up with her illuminous wellies and pink jacket:rolleyes::D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I thought they were colourblind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Scotty #

4-5 jumped out in front of me on the road about a year ago at Dardistown House near Drogheda. Then a couple of weeks ago as I was approaching the M1 toll at Drogheda heading south bound, I could see a stag and 3-4 does on in the river to the east. Would have made for a lovely photo as the rising sun caught them in the water lovely.

I presume they were 'escapees'.

Not sure what breed they were... very big though.

I thought they were colourblind?

yea, hence in america when out walkin or hunting you have to wear the bright orange for safety. But i would presume they would be alot brighter on the eye than normal boots:) they have great hearing though. And wil often hear ya before they see ya.

• Advertisement
Advertisement