Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

This is it y'see, unless we cheat and spawn rails, you need 6 iron (and a stick) to construct 16 rail pieces which is a huge amount when you start thinking big scale projects like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

What about getting everyone to mine for some iron over the next day or 2? Dump it all in the community chest! Then see how we fare out?

Hate having to cheat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Kharn wrote: »
    This is it y'see, unless we cheat and spawn rails, you need 6 iron (and a stick) to construct 16 rail pieces which is a huge amount when you start thinking big scale projects like this.

Yeah but maybe that's part of the fun of it. Maybe we could effectively ask for donations. Not everybody could spare huge amounts but if everyone was able to throw some in every now and again, it could build up fairly quickly. It'd take time to do the whole thing but it can be done in stages.

What about getting everyone to mine for some iron over the next day or 2? Dump it all in the community chest! Then see how we fare out?

Hate having to cheat!

I agree although I think everyone would have to keep hold of their own and them lump it together into a locked chest in case someone gets an idea in their head. Then it could be divided out between the people building at whatever time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I agree although I think everyone would have to keep hold of their own and them lump it together into a locked chest in case someone gets an idea in their head. Then it could be divided out between the people building at whatever time.

Good point! It could vanish fairly fast :)

I have a couple of blocks anyway to start the ball rollin and I'll go mining later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

I have a few blocks of iron to spare let me know where to drop it. I think we shouldn't cheat and do the old fashion way, we all just need to give a hand were we can and it shouldn't to difficult.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Gah!!

Spent 2 hours mining, 40 diamonds and gold, plenty of lazuli and iron ore, coal, redstone, the works.

Then fell into a pond of lava. AAAAAARRRRRGH!!! Ragequit.

EDIT: 6000th post, woo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Well at least you got something to begin with. I made the worst mine in the world a few days ago. After days of mining there hasn't been one singe diamond or gold and only a tiny handful of iron. Just some redstone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

Also we should split into two teams miners and crafts/builders, Well one team is mining the other team can build.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was kinda hoping people would see the benefits alright and we'd arrange an "Iron Hunt" for a day or two :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Kharn wrote: »
    I was kinda hoping people would see the benefits alright and we'd arrange an "Iron Hunt" for a day or two :)
    After what happened with the last community project, I dunno how many people would be willing to help out as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    After what happened with the last community project, I dunno how many people would be willing to help out as much.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

i have about 6 stacks of iron you can have

left 6 stacks of iron and 3 stacks of redstone in the box on the second floor of the info centre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

Scody94 wrote: »
    can i get whitelisted to this server ?
    i am whitelisted on tallons server aswell !

MC: Scody94

bump :)

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

Why? What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Why? What happened?

Would love to know too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Servers expanding at quite a vast rate. The safe zone village is now more of a town :P There's a colosseum, castles and outposts on the outer walls now. So I propose 2 new transport systems for the village.

1. The central station. The central station will be where the information centre currently lies. The line will run over the skywalk for added safety towards the castle and other settlement areas. This will be referred to as the westward station (as its on the west side of the village.) This allows expansion of the station in the other 3 directions.

2. The metro station. This would compromise of a set of stations running in all directions underground, the first of which runs through the underground tunnel towards moria. The tunnel would serve as a metro network to other areas as the village expands.

I'd be looking for 2 other people to help with each of these developments. Of course the three of us would have a chest shared to place tracks in etc as we go along.

Opinions?

I have a full stack of rail in my shop. I'd gladly donate it for the project though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

godsdmanit fecking Java socket errors :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

to singleplayer with me :(

probably for the ebst as I dunno what most stuff is yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Spent a day looking for diamond and found it, finally got to mine obsidian i built up... All the time it takes to mine each block I lost concentration and fell into lava. Lost tons or diamond, gold, iron and coal.

Feck my feckin life feck sake feck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I'm liking this Building/mining idea.

5 people gathering supplies and 10 or so building?

I like the train tracks idea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

landyman wrote: »
    I'm liking this Building/mining idea.

5 people gathering supplies and 10 or so building?

I like the train tracks idea

You'd probably need it the other way around since it's quicker to build than mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

So, could it be checked whether I'm still on the whitelist? I'm getting a 503 error when I try to log in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Nevore wrote: »
    So, could it be checked whether I'm still on the whitelist? I'm getting a 503 error when I try to log in.
    minecraft.net is down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

The Mojang authentication server service is bordering on scandalous at this stage. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Alright, I've had personal cactus farms and I know at least 5 other people do as well, but screw it, we're all going to have more cactus than we know what to do with soon enough.

And so, I'm going to build a gigantic community cactus farm! Anyone can take from it, but just don't break it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Meh then. Back to singleplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Okay, the farm has been started! Go along the yellow brick road and at the end of it, you'll see it on the left (will a dirt wall around it).

It's nowhere near finished yet, as I only have two levels and it's going to be reaching the sky :P

Anyone is free to take from it if they want, it's a community farm.

I'll keep working on it until it's done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i joined the sever and was in water and could not get out, then I died :(

i dont even know where to begin, where are you allowed mine? where are you allowed to build?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement