Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Cossax wrote: »
    The performance on anything other than the 2 lowest distance renders makes the game unplayable for me - and even on the 2 lowest, it sounds like a plane taking off!

Completely freezes my machine if I try and X out of it, have to kill it from the Dock. Bit buggy to say the least.

Yeah it's buggy as hell, what do you expect from a beta I suppose. It plays fine for me but my MBP is less than a year old. It runs my fan at 5500RPM with my CPU at about 80c at that. It's a fairly badly coded game to be fair, no way should it take so much to run.

Oh, and it took me ages to find out how to actually close the damn thing, cmd+q never worked, and neither did apple-close. I used to always have to open activity monitor and force it to close. Found out that it closes fine if you click the red x. Doh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

Kharn wrote: »
    I've been building one from a tower I made out towards the east. It's currently joined into fitzeyboy's tower (I left you a note fitzey, I can always go around if you've got building plans) and I think it's headed in another direction for Bobbage's tower. Again, I'd like to join it up and then look at extending to the main skybridge network.

I was thinking of doing something similar once I finished my tower so build away. just be careful if you come into the tower as a lot of unfinished floors and whatnot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

The performance on anything other than the 2 lowest distance renders makes the game unplayable for me - and even on the 2 lowest, it sounds like a plane taking off!

Completely freezes my machine if I try and X out of it, have to kill it from the Dock. Bit buggy to say the least.

I can just about play on Normal. Works fine most of the time but some times there are some drops in FPS when people log on and off in succession.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Is there now walkways leading out from all sides of our compound? Just got on today and saw a new entrance beside my house by the east of our village.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Tallon wrote: »
    I run it on full wack and it's fine.... and my PC is a piece of crap

Try optimine

Depends on how crap the piece of crap is - my amd 64+(Socket 939) from the mid-2000 hits 80-90% pretty much continuously with graphics on fast, fancy lighting off and view distance normal. I get about 30fps ! This is with optimine installed.

Seems the game is a processor hog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 ITDemo

Hey guys!

Just wondering if I could join your brilliant server! :D
    Was over in jak/mar's the other day and he was showing me your server. It is deadly!
    Could I be added to the whitelist please?
    Thanks!
    Gavin

MINECRAFT USERNAME: GavinThePacMan

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Alright, community cactus/sugar cane/wheat farm all done (finished it yesterday actually (or the day before, can't remember)).

What project next? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

"Connection Lost Timed out" for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

i am getting timed out too. think it is a minecraft problem

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

"Connection Lost Timed out" for anyone else?

Yep server gone.... server_on_fire_lg_nwm.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JohnR1024

Yep server out for me too.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'm not sure but it might be my fault. :(

I was trying to remove some cobble from my shop and everything froze up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Thanks for volunteering to be the fallguy Pablo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Nevore wrote: »
    Thanks for volunteering to be the fallguy Pablo :D
    You've got next :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

You've got next :P
    When's it my turn??

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

620a0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Lads, I'm going cold Turkey here, not cool. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭NeosDex

So, server still down eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

NeosDex wrote: »
    So, server still down eh?

Affirmative

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I think it's a mojang issue. I can't get onto Tallons or a couple others I play on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

voxpop wrote: »
    Depends on how crap the piece of crap is - my amd 64+(Socket 939) from the mid-2000 hits 80-90% pretty much continuously with graphics on fast, fancy lighting off and view distance normal. I get about 30fps ! This is with optimine installed.

Seems the game is a processor hog
    Pentium D 5GB W7 64Bit GFX GT 220

It's a pos, but seems capable... I found that exiting skype helps a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

STILL down???

RageFace2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tricolorbob1987

Hi can u put me on the whitelist pls ? my username is TricolorBob1987 . cheers ;)

While we're waiting, thought i might upload a few screenies :D

Cross?
    First time arriving in Valley of Awesome I think, spotted this in the side of the mountain :P Not religious myself, just thought it was weird how it looks out of place with the rest of the mountain but is natural :P VinLieger says he didn't do it though, hmmm. Anyways, it's gone now i think, since that's where Jak_Mar built his house :B
    huouic.jpg

Vin Loves Xenon
    This was taken while climbing up one of Promac's floating islands(I think he built them? I dunno) I asked Xenon 'bout it last night, said he never talked to him before apparently :P Vin you weirdo xP
    qyd2k2.jpg

Gerudoku Sheep = Win
    'Nuff said.
    24bw7lt.jpg

HELP!
    Being sealed in a little cubby hole by BlandKitten with Xenon :P I ended up smothering Bland in sand for it, they got their revenge though by nearly destroying my grass staircase leading down into my underground animal/tree farm D:
    zwj0va.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Oh yh that. I saw Vin's name in the ice and decided my name needed to be their too. I didnt write the "Loves" though

OOoooh ok lol :P Promac might've written it, since his house is just beside the ice lake :P Is the server still down for everyone? or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

still down

i haz a sad:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I'm actually getting work done cos the severs down :D

This could be a productive weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

NeosDex wrote: »
    OOoooh ok lol :P Promac might've written it, since his house is just beside the ice lake :P Is the server still down for everyone? or is it just me?

Guilty! I thought it was funny and it was really obvious...

I built the islands (with a little help on the second one) - one was supposed to be a ufo but I think I might make it more of a floating archipelago now.

• Advertisement

Promac wrote: »
    Guilty! I thought it was funny and it was really obvious...

I built the islands (with a little help on the second one) - one was supposed to be a ufo but I think I might make it more of a floating archipelago now.

Yeah, if the server gets online :'[

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement