Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Ok who crashed the server?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

It was lagging really badly earlier - unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

*places redstone torch*

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Well guys, lava time!

Let me just note that this was all done with a single source block of lava being replaced over and over again :P

20110401215908.png

20110401215650.png

20110401215606.png

20110401220409.png

I thought this one looked cool :P
    20110401220352.png

When all this was done with, I ended up getting about 14 wolves tamed, then blew them all up with tnt :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

lolz

On another not, the server is one plugin away from going back to normal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

lolz

On another not, the server is one plugin away from going back to normal :D

awesome sauce

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Right lads, servers coming down for the updates to be applied. Prepare for some surprises :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭NeosDex

OOOOOOHHHHH!!! *giggles like a schoolgirl*

Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it Fix it!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

can i has in while you're at it?

• Advertisement

OOOOOOHHHHH!!! *is a schoolgirl*

...Or at least some people thought I was ¬.¬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

i love you cherry

OOOOOOHHHHH!!! *is a schoolgirl*

...Or at least some people thought I was ¬.¬

Heh... sorry about that :P

NeosDex wrote: »
    Heh... sorry about that :P
    You weren't the only one, and this hasn't been the only server it's happened on.

Also, is anyone else spamming "Multiplayer", "Connect" ........ "Back to title screen" over and over? :P

You weren't the only one, and this hasn't been the only server it's happened on.

Also, is anyone else spamming "Multiplayer", "Connect" ........ "Back to title screen" over and over? :P

Please don't do that, you may end up connecting to the quick test server first :P

Please don't do that, you may end up connecting to the quick test server first :P
    >.>

<.<

*Spams harder*

Every 5 seconds baby :cool:

NeosDex wrote: »
    Every 5 seconds baby :cool:

Banned.

:pac:

Server should be back up soonish

Yep.

"Connection Refused"

Damn you Cherry - /shakefist - Damn you to hell!

Banned.

WAIT WHAT?!?!?! *heart stops*

:pac:

Server should be back up soonish

Oh you... :D

• Advertisement

153748.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

i think cherryghost should be ban for the number of times he seems to crash the server, the way he goes on you would think he was a admin

Promac wrote: »
    PIC
    I'd thank it, but that's not something I want to see!

I know ....

FML

Servers back up! New features added:

- Mobs now drop iConomy coins, so prepare your shop for the probable surge in sell prices
    - Drawbriges added
    - Porte Coulissante's added

Drawbridge tutorial

* Build the bridge itself (the entire bridge), out of wooden slabs/half-blocks.
    * Make sure there is at least one block adjacent to the bridge on three sides, so that it can't move in that direction.
    * For the direction in which you want it to move, make sure there is a block to stop at the distance you want it to move to.
    * Power one of the blocks underneath the bridge with redstone. Please note: you are powering a block underneath the bridge, not the bridge itself! Note that for the purposes of this plugin, just running redstone wire underneath a block will power it.
    * Make sure that when the bridge is fully extended it is still in contact with a redstone powered block underneath. It can be the same block, or a different one.
    * When the block receives redstone power, the bridge will move to the south or west (depending on which direction it is able to move in), when it loses redstone power, it will move to the north or east.
    * Here is an example. If you build this, it will work. The bridge in this picture is three blocks wide and four blocks long:
    RKwqE.jpg

o9mXN.jpg

Porte Coulissante Tutorial

* Build the portcullis itself by stacking rows of fences. You can stack fences from the top down by starting with a wall of dirt or some other material, building the top row of fences on top of the wall, removing the topmost row of dirt and replacing it with fences, etc.
    * Build the wall around it to contain it. Leave enough empty space above the portcullis to allow it to go as high as you want it to go.
    * Power the portcullis by powering one of the blocks adjacent to it on either side, by attaching a lever or redstone dust. For now, the power has to come from the side.
    * The result should look something like this:
    0WbJg.png

* When the block is powered, the portcullis will start moving upwards, and will keep going until it hits something and can't go any further. It moves slowly, since a portcullis is heavy!
    * Important: make sure that when it is in the up position, it is still in contact with a powered block (the same one, or a different one).
    * When the power goes off, the portcullis will drop down (a lot faster than it went up).
    * Decorate the gate by building walls in front of and behind the portcullis to cover the empty space and to make it appear the portcullis is moving in a groove. Of course you can make it look any way you want! Here is an example:
    ac285.png

That's it. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Cherry you legend :D

****.... me :O

PLEASE add planes! or that SMP fix for mo'creatures! I demand you with mah mighty fist of fury!! >:D nah jk, its your server, it'll probably lag with planes/more mobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

So is it back to service as usual TL;DR. I dont want to log on and go all viking and get banned.

Back to normal, yep. Having iConomy issues atm due to the developer migrating database compatibility and stuff, will sort it in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

thanks for the quick reply cherry. note to self no more looting and dispose of the tnt and flint and steel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement