Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Boooo... I have to start my tunnel again.. But At least I know where to avoid other peoples places :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

Hey would you be able to whitelist old-time boardser Demotruk? His MC nick is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Some images for NeosDex...

screenshotminecraft.png
    screenshotminecraft5.png
    screenshotminecraft4.png

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Underwater Glass Cave,

Enjoy.

20110402230419.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

whoever owns the house in the picture. i locked your chest as it contained some valuable items. ask me to unlock it and it will be done.

153866.png

• Advertisement

It took a while, but I think my house is finally finished. I was going for a "tongue" look.

fthdtg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭NeosDex

Botulism wrote: »
    Some images for NeosDex...

screenshotminecraft.png
    screenshotminecraft5.png
    screenshotminecraft4.png

Wow, very nice, Sugarcane IS like the anti-portal field :D

Gotta post pics myself.. might make a thread JUST for boards.ie pics :D or someone else can..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Some dick is greifing the bridge into the village. He hit out all the glass blocks in the center. Had 5 diamonds and about 25 iron me and now because him they're gone! :(
    I only had 4 glass blocks in my chest so watch out... the last block is still missing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Some dick is greifing the bridge into the village. He hit out all the glass blocks in the center. Had 5 diamonds and about 25 iron me and now because him they're gone! :(
    I only had 4 glass blocks in my chest so watch out... the last block is still missing!
    That sucks.
    I NEVER carry valuable stuff around, it goes straight to the chest.
    ADMINS... TO THE LOGS!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Nothing on the logs, could have been either a render error/mobs. There's been nobody on out of the ordinary in the last 24 hours either. On another note, I think the iConomy stuff will finally be sorted.

Actually, iConomy: Yay or nay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I haven't used it yet, but it does look like it has potential. I'm off in the wilds so I just mine and farm for myself rather than going back to town to get stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Not sure about the iConomy. It's a good idea, but it seems like none of us are using it that well.

If we could write up a full list of items and recommended prices here for people to base their shops off of, I think it would work a lot better :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

iConomy doesn't seem to be used that much, people generally ask for stuff and those with it share - don't really see the need for it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That's fair enough. Its currently broken so while its down it'd be good for voiced opinions. On another note, I've updated the server. We now have two new features: Quickstrasse and Jumpblock!

QuickStrasse Tutorial

Easy, two rows of wool and glass in the middle:
    WGW
    WGW
    WGW
    WGW
    WGW
    That'll get you a straight path, works both directions, its basically a travelator. :) Don't close off a path in a loop, it breaks.

Jumpblock Tutorial

All must be placed on the same level.

x = sign can be placed
    o = wooden plank

xxx
    xox
    xxx

If you have two signs adjacent to a wooden slab one will take precedence over the other. (considering a better solution in the future)
    Sign Usage:

First Number: This is your Y value. It will dictate how high you jump.

Expected values: 10+

Second Number: This is your "force" value. This will dictate how far a user is shot in the given direction from which they hit the jump block.

Expected values: 0+

A value of zero will make the user shoot straight up no matter what.

I've temporarily allowed invincibility for this mod (just the block jumping, nothing else!) so users can get used to experimenting with this possibly handy tool :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've hardly used it either. Most people just seem to mine or gather the stuff they want rather than pay for it.

I cant see it being useful until the server has expanded and most of the valubles in the town area have been mined.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I haven't used the iconomy either, although I do think it's an interesting idea. At the moment, people seem to just mine for stuff themselves and barter, trade or get other stuff they need for free. That's almost true to live in a basic civilisation. Maybe Pablo os right that it'll become more important as natural resources dry up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I think it's handy if you're in town and need something quickly before ya go mining or exploring, though overall I think it's more fun seeking out you're own materials, it is the object of the game afterall:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

if there was a town map which showed all the shops and what they sell i might use it but just randomly walking around until you find a shop that sells what you need isnt worth the time.

That was my next question :P

Maps: Yay or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ITDemo

That was my next question :P

Maps: Yay or nay?

Yay!

GavinThePacMan

• Advertisement

Anyone experiencing lag atm, the server isn't crashing, you'll see soon enough :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Maps of currently inhabitated areas yes but no further than that

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭NeosDex

Server down?

NeosDex wrote: »
    Server down?

guessing yes think that travelator crashed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

keep getting end of stream messages

VinLieger wrote: »
    guessing yes think that travelator crashed it

Can't connect

Just a quick EPIC update: We're now on Google maps with live player position feedback :P

http://78.137.161.116:8123/

Just a quick EPIC update: We're now on Google maps with live player position feedback :P

http://78.137.161.116:8123/

EPIC!! :D

HOLY ****

• Advertisement

Just a quick EPIC update: We're now on Google maps with live player position feedback

Awesome. Though can we turn our own position on and off? Lest someone find out where my secret mine is?

Also, would you be able to add my friend, and old boardser, Demotruk to the whitelist?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement