Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭NeosDex

Yeah go ahead, I already took most of mine back.

Quickstrasse isn't THAT bad.. it still takes you where you want to go... i suggested "breaks" along the way so people can just hop off in the middle of the tunnel to fix something in the tunnel from tnt/creeper or whatever, It's a bit early yet to just drop it.. it will just be a waste of glass then :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Can I have my wool back then? We'll need to decide an alternative transport method so! Ideas?

:( I've been working on an underground railway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Can I have my wool back then? We'll need to decide an alternative transport method so! Ideas?

think a well laid out train/booster network is the way to go ive ****loads of iron that can be used

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

Grim. wrote: »
    think a well laid out train/booster network is the way to go ive ****loads of iron that can be used
    last server i was on had minecart mania mod, i think, and in it you could have stations, boosters, ejectors and even collectors/depositors so you could send a storage cart to somewhere and it would pick stuff up / deposit them in a set of chests at the other end. handy for mining.

Server down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Hey Cherry,
    Could you add my little cousin to the whitelist... He only got minecraft.

MC UN : dylanlolwut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

NeosDex wrote: »
    Server down?

think so, i cant connect anyways...

minecart mania sounds cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Quickstrasse had potential. Too bad it was ****.

It'd be fine, but it won't let me off.

How about a portal system if minecart mania won't work?

Botulism wrote: »
    Quickstrasse had potential. Too bad it was ****.

It'd be fine, but it won't let me off.

How about a portal system if minecart mania won't work?

or just the old skool warps? a warp in each town?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Don't see what's wrong with quickstrasse - works perfect for me.

• Advertisement

Promac wrote: »

same here.... if people want to get off at a certain place all you need to do is make a gap/station there..

Not for me. Get stuck in one area where I just keep going forward and back, over and over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Korvanica wrote: »
    same here.... if people want to get off at a certain place all you need to do is make a gap/station there..
    Thing is it won't let us off at all. It takes 2 or 3 minutes to get off it, because it keeps sending me backwards.

Kromdar wrote: »
    or just the old skool warps? a warp in each town?

Runecraft has something like that.. but I think Cherry said something 'bout it being too difficult to implement? and peoples houses might create a rune on the floor with a certain floor pattern by accident.

Found this... I NEED TO BUILD THIS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9PeE_Uq8jw&feature=player_embedded#at=114

NeosDex wrote: »
    Runecraft has something like that.. but I think Cherry said something 'bout it being too difficult to implement? and peoples houses might create a rune on the floor with a certain floor pattern by accident.

ah. i think hmod had it by default but he's running bukkit.
    also this, but its in development for bukkit.
    http://blog.craftbook.sk89q.com/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Server's back up now guys, I managed to stumble my way through the LOONIXES!

PS: Sorry for the delay :o

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

Can somebody whitelist me please? username donutface :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

If we were going to allow quickstrasse, why not add warps or portals...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I see to have ended up hitting/crossing someone else's branch mine. It's out Wilderness way on the Southern Road (Bobage's, maybe?).
    Stopped at the intersection but it doesn't look like it's being used currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Cossax wrote: »
    I see to have ended up hitting/crossing someone else's branch mine. It's out Wilderness way on the Southern Road (Bobage's, maybe?).
    I'm somewhere in the south... no idea really where.

• Advertisement

HAhah I am doing the exact same! I would be making a tunnel and all of a sudden I break into someone elses... Soooooo annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Forget branch mining hear town. If you're anywhere near town at all you're gonna hit someone else's mine. And I mean out past VoA or the Colosseum - people are doing serious amounts of digging.

If you really want to find diamonds and not hit other peoples' mines, head to the edge of town, pick a direction that leads away from it, dig down to about level 12/13 and then head off in the same direction for a few hundred blocks. Explore any caves you run into but don't go higher than level 16. When you run out of cave go back to digging. I got 40 diamonds last night doing this in the space of about an hour or so total digging/exploring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

I dont bother mining that area any longer, too many mines. If you find the entrance there is most likely a chest around there somewhere. if it says bobage on it feel free to mine away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Forget branch mining hear town. If you're anywhere near town at all you're gonna hit someone else's mine. And I mean out past VoA or the Colosseum - people are doing serious amounts of digging.

If you really want to find diamonds and not hit other peoples' mines, head to the edge of town, pick a direction that leads away from it, dig down to about level 12/13 and then head off in the same direction for a few hundred blocks. Explore any caves you run into but don't go higher than level 16. When you run out of cave go back to digging. I got 40 diamonds last night doing this in the space of about an hour or so total digging/exploring.

For the record guys, it is called bobaging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've been having a weird problem with placing stuff since last night. I'm building a mansion and was placing steps along the roof. Theres one block at the end of the roof where if i place a step block on top it dissappears and returns to my inventory. It's not a one off glitch either it happens everytime i do it.

I was also filling in a lava pool last night and there one block where if i place lava it fills and the lava pool is still for a second then the currents return as if the lava i placed has dissappeared.

Anyone else experience anything like this while building?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yeah I had a similar issue building a roof with wooden stairs. One end piece kept disappearing.

I've been having a weird problem with placing stuff since last night. I'm building a mansion and was placing steps along the roof. Theres one block at the end of the roof where if i place a step block on top it dissappears and returns to my inventory. It's not a one off glitch either it happens everytime i do it.

I was also filling in a lava pool last night and there one block where if i place lava it fills and the lava pool is still for a second then the currents return as if the lava i placed has dissappeared.

Anyone else experience anything like this while building?

I get it when the server is about to disconnect... place a block or destroy a block and it then disappears/reappears.

Cherry could you add my little cousin...

NAME : dylanlolwut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I just found it seems to happen if im standing close to the block. I tried placing it from a distance and it stayed. Must be a glitch of some sort.

• Advertisement

this happens me around the spawn... is it meant to?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement