Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Urgent: Place on fire, whole town in flames.

Requesting a rollback to the last backup is possible... The place is a mess and I can only see this spreading.

Looks like someone died just beforehand, thinking it was the griefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yup me bland and air were messing round outside his place trying to fix the griefers damage when suddenly the place was in flames no idea who did it though.

Edit : After more investigating there is a ****ton of damage and im pretty sure it was intentional, just as the fire began we spotted someones death loot beside the flames and noticed he had slimeballls, literally 10 minutes earlier we saw swansamuel die and he dropped slimeballs, do the math

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

VinLieger wrote: »
    Edit : Although we do have a suspect not gonna say it on here though cus it may not have been deliberate
    INTENTIONAL! Someone burned down some of the town, and wrecked the rest!!

Botulism wrote: »
    INTENTIONAL! Someone burned down some of the town, and wrecked the rest!!
    More than some :/

Some of the damage:

Dylanlolwut's house:
    screenshotminecraft2.png

Railway hub/Information center:
    screenshotminecraft3.png

Not sure whose this is:
    screenshotminecraft1.png

House with Irish flag:
    screenshotminecraft.png

• Advertisement

It looks like they started at my house:

The lava lock was overflowing EVERYWHERE (Pic is dramatisation), and the house was broken into.
    screenshotminecraft4.png

Then I saw the netherrack was gone missing from my fire. I believe they took it to start the fires in town.
    screenshotminecraft5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Ok thats messed up. Logs must show who was online at the time. Mind you swansamuel aka lord bates only has 3posts here and the 3 are associated with asking for access to whitelist

More images of the place messed up.

Note: Because the town got griefed I used the "flying mod" from zombe's mod pack to get a birds eye view and survey the damage, hence the "LOLMODS" in the corner. I wouldn't use it normally, but thought that the occasion merited it.

20110417013316.png

20110417013418.png

20110417013426.png

Also, the inside of my house was burnt and tnt placed. The fire had no way to spread in because of no flamable blocks on the outside, and clearly it wasn't an "accident" that someone walked in and placed tnt right next to my wolves :/
    20110417013705.png

So... that was an interesting day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Botulism wrote: »
    Some of the damage:

Not sure whose this is:
    screenshotminecraft1.png

That's my house :( What the feck happened to it? :(

Also I don't like pointing the finger at people but that guy swansamuel was acting very weird last night. He asked where he could build.. so I showed him a lot beside John and Air. What he built was a cobble cube with a giant mud arrow pointing to the corner... kinda weird!

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    That's my house :( What the feck happened to it? :(

Also I don't like pointing the finger at people but that guy swansamuel was acting very weird last night. He asked where he could build.. so I showed him a lot beside John and Air. What he built was a cobble cube with a giant mud arrow pointing to the corner... kinda weird!
    I think that was actually Spiritine who built that...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

User has been identified and permabanned. He's also been banned from the website. Property of the server is property of boards.ie.

Server will NOT be rolling back. I've had some request PMs this morning asking not to roll back the server because a number of people have done a lot of work since the accident. I'll be adding that BigBrother plugin asap.

I also propose that the lava moat be COMPLETELY removed. The said user scooped up some lava from the moat in order to use it on the town.

I also didn't want to do this, but prevent fire spread, yay or nay?

Some people are pure idiots, there's never a utopia possible with these kind of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I also propose that the lava moat be COMPLETELY removed. The said user scooped up some lava from the moat in order to use it on the town.

Some people are pure idiots, there's never a utopia possible with these kind of people.

I may be biased becuase I built it, but if someone went to the trouble of getting 3 iron to get build a bucket then they could just as easily get some flint to make flint and steel to set off fires.

But if it ends up being more trouble than good then get rid of it so:)

And I say nay to the fire spread, these things happen, we deal with them, it is a survival server after all

User has been identified and permabanned. He's also been banned from the website. Property of the server is property of boards.ie.

Server will NOT be rolling back. I've had some request PMs this morning asking not to roll back the server because a number of people have done a lot of work since the accident. I'll be adding that BigBrother plugin asap.

How about an OP system? To stop idiots messing up so bad.

Or a permissions rank that only allow the most trusted people on the server to use lava/flint & steel

Yeah i dont see the need to remove the moat since ppl can very easily get flint and tinder if they want to make trouble.

Im conflicted on preventing fire spread.

Also anyone who wants help rebuilding whenever im online ill give you a hand just gimme a shout

VinLieger wrote: »
    Yeah i dont see the need to remove the moat since ppl can very easily get flint and tinder if they want to make trouble.

Im conflicted on preventing fire spread.

Also anyone who wants help rebuilding whenever im online ill give you a hand just gimme a shout
    Server's down for me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Does that mean nether rack wont light? I have a cool roof out of nether rack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Personally Id prefer if we changed nothing and still keep the fire spread and lava fall as it makes it more interesting.

With the damage done it justs means we rebuild bigger and better.

What I definately agree with is adding the BigBrother mod to have some anti-grief mechanism.

Also imposing a 25 post count limit should afford some level of vetting or indeed have the "vouch" for the person scenario aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

conor-mr2 wrote: »
    Personally Id prefer if we changed nothing and still keep the fire spread and lava fall as it makes it more interesting.

With the damage done it justs means we rebuild bigger and better.

What I definately agree with is adding the BigBrother mod to have some anti-grief mechanism.

Also imposing a 25 post count limit should afford some level of vetting or indeed have the "vouch" for the person scenario aswell.

I second the post count limit. Perhaps an OP or two as well if we want to be extra cautious

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I second the post count limit. Perhaps an OP or two as well if we want to be extra cautious
    Problem with the post count limit idea is (as we saw with Tallon's server post-Machinima), people were spamming parts of boards to get their count up, it was a pain and annoyed a lot of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'd agree with the post limit as well. People who genuinely want to join the server should have no problem contributing to the forum and boards in general and griefers who realize they cant get instant access might be discouraged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Denny M wrote: »
    Problem with the post count limit idea is (as we saw with Tallon's server post-Machinima), people were spamming parts of boards to get their count up, it was a pain and annoyed a lot of people.

They should be warned not to spam and if they do they arent given access to the server.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

prevention wont work in that manner, protection would be better.... we know who the committed and consciencious people are now, we should just deputise a bunch of them.

I've got about 12 stacks of glass I will happily donate to the rebuild when I'm on this evening.

DeV.

How about a Jail? With optional genocide switch?
    screenshotminecraftd.png

DeVore wrote: »
    prevention wont work in that manner, protection would be better.... we know who the committed and consciencious people are now, we should just deputise a bunch of them.

I've got about 12 stacks of glass I will happily donate to the rebuild when I'm on this evening.

DeV.

Think its mainly wood thats needed, havent noticed too much missing glass this time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I haven't been on regularly, web down at home but I vote nay to fire protection. It's a survival server.
    Giving a few people limited powers. If there'd a way to give the power to strip the ability to use lava and flint/steel that'd be good.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Maybe a good idea would be a public voteban? Live ingame voteban as its happening. Takes a bit of pressure off myself and DeV and more democracy for the villagers :)

Sounds good. Maybe only give people who you know are alright the option to veto.

Yeah that sounds good give trusted people a vote and a majority vote of them online = voted off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Yeah, that would be perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lucky Fitzgerald

Added!

Also, Fitzgeralds, whats your mc username?

LuckyFitzgerald

thanks man

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement