Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'd support the voteban thing as well. It'd help us react quicker to griefing as well and minimize any damage caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Will the live map be making a reappearance at any stage? I built a ship out in the middle of nowhere and had it as my /sethome... and can't find it for the life of me since the reset :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I think it'll be reinstated if and when it's stable with the new update. Some of the mods were causing the server to crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭apkbarry

may I be whitelisted? Im not VERY good at it. But I do enjoy playing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Terrible to see that kind of griefing but I'm with the group that say it's a survival server so we shouldn't prevent fire spread or lava flow. Some powers for trustworthy people who are regularly on the server seems like a good idea. I'm not sure how the voteban would work (as in whose vote counts and how it'd actualyl work) but if it could be done, it'd be another good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

How about votekick, with a temp ban of about 24 hours. The banned one can cool off, the mods can look at the damage and decide on whether to make it perma-ban.

Maybe add weight to the voting system based on total time logged on the server. If you ain't been banned for it's entire existence, you might be an honest bloke, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Asked last night on the server but what's the story with mobs?
    Seems to be a distinct lack of them around the place at the moment - built a mob trap last night and gotten nothing off of it (before anyone says it may be the trap, I'm not even hearing (m)any mobs inside and it's 30x80).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kinom

I was going to ask that question myself.
    I have the same problem... big trap no mobs...

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Can I be added to the whitelist?
    New to the game so still learning :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

They come and go ive found, i sat in my collector last night and got a fair bit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

My house was the one with the tri colour, noooo :(

VinLieger wrote: »
    They come and go ive found, i sat in my collector last night and got a fair bit

I recall reading somewhere (sry could not find the link to this) that there is a max number of mobs in the map at any given time.

Maybe that's the problem?

Does anyone know what the story is with the lava in town? Only happened in the past 2 hours at Airbiscuits house. I've picked up what I can, and will try get the rest now, but it nearly set the place back on fire.

I just realised, I think it was Airbiscuits door trap, but someone must have broken off the front 2 blocks and let it flow down towards the rest of the town. Took screenshots, will post them later on.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Cossax wrote: »
    Asked last night on the server but what's the story with mobs?
    Seems to be a distinct lack of them around the place at the moment - built a mob trap last night and gotten nothing off of it (before anyone says it may be the trap, I'm not even hearing (m)any mobs inside and it's 30x80).

I THINK, don't quote me on it though, that the number of mobs in the game is dependant on the number of wolves people have as pets. ie more wolves = more animals spawned = less mobs that spawn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I just realised, I think it was Airbiscuits door trap, but someone must have broken off the front 2 blocks and let it flow down towards the rest of the town. Took screenshots, will post them later on.
    Even if they broke them, it should still be fine because the lava is controlled by switches inside.

I THINK, don't quote me on it though, that the number of mobs in the game is dependant on the number of wolves people have as pets. ie more wolves = more animals spawned = less mobs that spawn

I've been reading that it could be a slime problem too as they do not de-spawn and since there is a 200 (anyone can confirm this? ) mob cap math is easy...

edit: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=273429

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Interesting. So its unfixable! :(

Botulism wrote: »
    Even if they broke them, it should still be fine because the lava is controlled by switches inside.

I guess whoever did it must have hit the switches then.

http://img88.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20110418at152.png

http://img21.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20110418at152.png

http://img831.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20110418at152.png

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Notice how they used the dirt to climb up onto the roof in the 3rd picture...
    Interesting. So its unfixable!
    Not really, just tell everyone to dismantle their mobtraps then wait for some kind of mod to kill the slimes

• Advertisement

Botulism wrote: »
    Notice how they used the dirt to climb up onto the roof in the 3rd picture...

Not really, just tell everyone to dismantle their mobtraps then wait for some kind of mod to kill the slimes

Well there's loads of mobtraps so I'd advise against that. I reckon there'll be a hotfix in the next update for it anywho

Server updated!

- Voteban is in force for all users. Type /vote help for more information. 66% of current players on the server need 66% of users to vote ban for the ban to be enforced. I think that's fair for now. Any messing with the votesystem will result in this being altered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Server updated!

- Voteban is in force for all users. Type /vote help for more information. 66% of current players on the server need 66% of users to vote ban for the ban to be enforced. I think that's fair for now. Any messing with the votesystem will result in this being altered.

Will this be permanent ban or timed (cool off) ban? What option does a player have if unjustly banned, make a thread here?

I worry minecraft will eventually have it's own grief-teams like the griefer clans in counterstrike. They'd all mob a server, outnumber the current players and voteban everyone online at the time.

I think votekick with a cool off period would be a better option, with banning being an /op only command.

hare05 wrote: »
    Will this be permanent ban or timed (cool off) ban? What option does a player have if unjustly banned, make a thread here?

I worry minecraft will eventually have it's own grief-teams like the griefer clans in counterstrike. They'd all mob a server, outnumber the current players and voteban everyone online at the time.

I think votekick with a cool off period would be a better option, with banning being an /op only command.

Votekick is in effect too but see this as an experiment before things are finalised :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Can i get added please, witnessmenow

Added!

Server updated again:

- Slimes are removed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Server updated again:

- Slimes are removed!

YESSS. I fcuking hate slimes! Noisy fcukers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Server updated again:

- Slimes are removed!

Sweet, they are annoying as hell and are spawning in places they shouldn't (1x3 tunnels).

Must try my trap now. :D

• Advertisement

Hang on a sec...
    Will the update break the flowcontrol plugin?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement