Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

So i finally finished clearing a 40x22x10 cavern today for my underground town and i've started carving out houses in the walls of the cavern. Hopefully ill have the houses all carved out in the next few days and people can start moving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Server updated again:

- Slimes are removed!

noticed that my mob trap is working insanely well since this

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Botulism wrote: »
    Hang on a sec...
    Will the update break the flowcontrol plugin?

Yup, but I won't update the server until the plugin gets updated, to prevent damage etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Yup, but I won't update the server until the plugin gets updated, to prevent damage etc
    Phew! That would've spelled disaster for my Water elevator!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Phew! That would've spelled disaster for my Water elevator!

A water powered elevator?? Do explain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Pilot a boat towards the bottom of a waterfall, the boat will go up the waterfall. Simples, though that happens in vanilla too. Maybe some way to control the water itself?

My town, 'Nowhere', Is half terraformed, got about 15 plots ready, and I'll be building a large town hall / castle / cathedral / something big in the middle.
    At x1500 z2000, nothing else around so it will make a great starting point once the spawn area gets too congested.

1x1 Shaft within a 3x3 tower, every 2nd block up has a water held by flowcontol, simply walk in and press space until you arrive at the desired floor

1x1 Shaft within a 3x3 tower, every 2nd block up has a water held by flowcontol, simply walk in and press space until you arrive at the desired floor

That's a pretty cool idea!

That's a pretty cool idea!
    I'd show you but I updated.

You can see it by taking the NUTS to VoA then going downstairs in the station and taking the BALLS to sky town, it's across from the farm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

It is also possible with a design such as water-sign-water-sign-... etc or water-ladder-water-ladder...etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Will everything done now in the server carry over to when it's updated to 1.5?

Yes

Brilliant! Lag free building it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

What sort of time-frame are we looking at for the upgrade to the server? Do you need to wait for the plugins to be updated first?

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    What sort of time-frame are we looking at for the upgrade to the server? Do you need to wait for the plugins to be updated first?

Yep, and about a day or two. Bukkit gets updated first then gotta wait for the plugin devs to update their code. I could give them a hand but nyeh, full time job and running the servers etc, I don't have time or patience to reignite my once mighty Java passion :pac:

What exactly does the plugin that removes slimes do? Because from what I'm seeing in my traps, it looks like there's slimes there but they're just invisible (passages blocked and so on).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

looking to be whitelisted.

Ingame name ronniebIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Yep, and about a day or two. Bukkit gets updated first then gotta wait for the plugin devs to update their code. I could give them a hand but nyeh, full time job and running the servers etc, I don't have time or patience to reignite my once mighty Java passion :pac:

Wait, you have a full time job AND manage to keep these servers in top form, really do a great job man

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Just found a truckload of diamond, iron, lapis & coal! My first ever big find!!

"Will there be a CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.5?
    Given the reports of showstopping bugs present in 1.5, there's a high chance a new bugfix update for Minecraft will be out tomorrow or even several times this week. As a result, it is unlikely we will be releasing a 1.5 compatible build and, instead, will be waiting for something stable to work with."

:eek:

Second server anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Second server anyone?

No need, just downgrade your Minecraft and continue on the server? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

How do you downgrade?

I'll upload my folder when I'm home if people want :)

It also has the flymod installed

Tallon wrote: »
    No need, just downgrade your Minecraft and continue on the server? :confused:
    But I even prepared a new map for a normal 1.5 server...
    :(

I'll upload my folder when I'm home if people want :)

That's highly illegal.

EDIT: Also, according to their twitter they will be releasing a 1.5 compatible one, but not in the near future in case Notch decides to tweak things etc

That's highly illegal.

EDIT: Also, according to their twitter they will be releasing a 1.5 compatible one, but not in the near future in case Notch decides to tweak things etc
    Is it? How so?

It's just really the Jar file and some classes?

Is it? How so?

It's just really the Jar file and some classes?
    The one major rule

Do not distribute anything I've made. This includes the client and the server software for the game. This also includes modified versions of anything I've made. In order to maintain control of the project, I need all game downloads to come from a single central source. I hope you understand.

http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp
    :pac:

From the same page..
    Things you CAN do
    If you've bought the game, you may play around with it and modify it. I'd appreciate it if you didn't use this for griefing, though, and remember not to distribute the changes.

Any tools you write for the game from scratch belong to you. You're free to do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the game, but don't just rip art resources and pass them around. Plugins for the game also belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them, including selling them for money.

Im pretty sure, letting people have the version from 24 hours ago is ok? If it means they can access the server..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Legally, copyright is copyright, and you can't distribute it. You're free to modify the game, and distribute your modifications, but the game itself, in all it's versions is copyrighted to Notch. If you wrote something from scratch, it'd be a different story!
    This also includes modified versions of anything I've made
    Sorry Tal!

• Advertisement

No worries, guess I can't help you guys log in :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement