Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭TerrenceAnth

add me

username: husty

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

you would think the sever would do a restart at least once every 2 days or even once a day at like 6 in the morn ,or if the server had no one loged in ,would u need a second computer to do that ,and it too would net to restart every so offten : ) .I dont know much about servers just that they can get very complex the more you want them to be able to do.anyone have some good info let me know pls even a link or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

you would think the sever would do a restart at least once every 2 days or even once a day at like 6 in the morn ,or if the server had no one loged in ,would u need a second computer to do that ,and it too would net to restart every so offten : ) .I dont know much about servers just that they can get very complex the more you want them to be able to do.anyone have some good info let me know pls even a link or two.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1160 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I iz back. Servers back up. Still no plugin updates in sight :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

sorry I keep asking this but any chance i could be put on the whitelist :o

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Still can't connect :/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There's 5 of us on the server nao, so there's no issues server side

Still running 1.4 or is it on 1.5?

Edit: Just got on now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jak/mar

Has the server been updated to 1.5 yet or is it still on 1.4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

1.4 - No point updating until all the mods are up to spec!

If it runs on 1.5 EVERYTHING will be vunerable, so I'm not taking the chance. Sorry lads but I hope you understand :)

If it runs on 1.5 EVERYTHING will be vunerable, so I'm not taking the chance. Sorry lads but I hope you understand :)
    Of course. It's a bit lonely on the server though, so I say more people need to rollback to 1.4 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Where can I get a rollback version? Was looking around and couldn't find much =/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Too addicted to Portal 2 to play...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Crow92 wrote: »
    Where can I get a rollback version? Was looking around and couldn't find much =/

I sent you a PM on this.

Botulism wrote: »
    Too addicted to Portal 2 to play...
    I would be playing, but because PSN is down I can't get my friends free Steam copy to play (we split the costs, makes sense).
    Stupid Sony...

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭NeosDex

Its back in some areas Bland.. unfortunately... not Ireland Q_Q.. Playing DA 2 while I wait... my friend gave me his Steam code for Portal 2 but its not working? Says something about linking accounts.. which I doubt he'll do :/

NeosDex wrote: »
    Its back in some areas Bland.. unfortunately... not Ireland Q_Q.. Playing DA 2 while I wait... my friend gave me his Steam code for Portal 2 but its not working? Says something about linking accounts.. which I doubt he'll do :/
    Yeah you can't play unless the PSN account is linked with the Steam account you want to play the game on.
    Really simple to do though, all you need to do is (while in Portal) go to "Link to Steam account" and then put in the username and password of the account. After that the Steam account can play and the code can be verified.

Of course, while PSN is being LOIC'd it's not possible, so until this whole Geohot thing dies down, no Portal 2 for me, and none for you :/

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭NeosDex

Yeah you can't play unless the PSN account is linked with the Steam account you want to play the game on.
    Really simple to do though, all you need to do is (while in Portal) go to "Link to Steam account" and then put in the username and password of the account. After that the Steam account can play and the code can be verified.

Of course, while PSN is being LOIC'd it's not possible, so until this whole Geohot thing dies down, no Portal 2 for me, and none for you :/

So... i could just borrow my friends Portal 2 game... open up that "Link to Steam Account" thing(When psn is back up of course) and I can play the game on steam then? If thats possible.. can I give the ps3 version back and still play the Steam version on my Steam Account?

• Advertisement

NeosDex wrote: »
    So... i could just borrow my friends Portal 2 game... open up that "Link to Steam Account" thing(When psn is back up of course) and I can play the game on steam then?
    Indeed. That's what me and my friend are doing (or would be if 'twere possible right now).
    If thats possible.. can I give the ps3 version back and still play the Steam version on my Steam Account?
    I don't see why not. The only condition for you to get your Steam version is that a linked PSN account has played Portal 2. Once that's done, it doesn't matter if the PSN account never plays Portal 2 again, so sell away :D

I'm about 95% sure that selling it is fine, the other 5% is just me covering my ass incase, somewhere down the line, I'm being given out to by someone who sold their copy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Dunno about the rest of you, but I found the most awesome floating islands sitting right next to spawn in single player. Only wish i could port the schematic over to the server and build a town on it :D

Funny, I'm building my own floating little islands on the server. Haven't had much time to really get stuck into them yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Crow92 wrote: »
    Funny, I'm building my own floating little islands on the server. Haven't had much time to really get stuck into them yet though.

I know that, but these just look so... natural. Man made islands always look just a little too uniform.

The Bukkit mod has been updated to 1.5! Just gotta wait on the plugins now but should be up and running by tonight/tomorrow! :D

hare05 wrote: »
    I know that, but these just look so... natural. Man made islands always look just a little too uniform.

Very true, My aim isn't to make the biggest ones but to try and make them look as though I didn't build them at all;)

Server should be 1.5 in the next hour or so. Standby for restart. Some new features in the update will include:

- Leaves may now drop cocoa beans.
    - Weather is synced with Dublin's weather.
    - You can obtain the servers forecast with the use of some new commands.
    - All of the other previous features should be still in the 1.5 update.

Too many slimes AGAIN. Sigh...

Right, servers ready for downtime. Will be about 5-10 minutes. :)

• Advertisement

Right, servers ready for downtime. Will be about 5-10 minutes. :)
    FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....
    We're in a dungeon right now... Bet the torches will be gone and we'll get molested when we join.

Also is it being updated right now or something else?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement