Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think the Portal mod might work best as a "special event" more than a regular feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Kharn wrote: »
    I think the Portal mod might work best as a "special event" more than a regular feature.
    Or we could use it with the trains to save hours of work.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Botulism wrote: »
    Or we could use it with the trains to save hours of work.

Nah, where's the satisfaction man!

Meanwhile I have the monorail tour complete. There's a transfer station at the skywalk to continue the train ride further out. It's currently only one way. N.U.T.S tunnel is progressing well enough too, cheers biscuit and bland! Looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

hi is the cherryghost is the server up ? and if so is it 1.4 or 1.5 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Its in the Thread title.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Its up, its 1.5 and its running like a breeze. Update seems to have been a lot kinder on the memory usage on the server, so may be able to open up some more slots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Is anyone else finding it a bit laggy?

Coming soon:

RESIDENCE
    Claim areas of land, trade land or even sell it off once the iConomy plugin has been restored!

MAPS
    Maps will be back this week, with added features such as landmark locations etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Coming soon:

RESIDENCE
    Claim areas of land, trade land or even sell it off once the iConomy plugin has been restored!

MAPS
    Maps will be back this week, with added features such as landmark locations etc

What kind of limits will be in place with regards to residences? I can just imagine a great land grab, or trolls grabbing a load of land and building nothing, just being inconvenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

hare05 wrote: »
    What kind of limits will be in place with regards to residences? I can just imagine a great land grab, or trolls grabbing a load of land and building nothing, just being inconvenient.
    Was about to say...

• Advertisement

Users will have the ability to only claim 3 areas of land initially, with a defined radius for each area. So basically, find some GOOD land and claim it :P You will not be able to unclaim a land area once you've claimed it in case some people think about abusing the system.

The entire thing will be a trial run initially

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Should we be claiming things we've already built to stop others doing so?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Should we be claiming things we've already built to stop others doing so?

Yeah that'd be mad. "Oh yeah that's my house there but Fajitas owns the land it's on. I only have to give him 20 diamond ore every day and my first born child and he allows me to stay here."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

If someone claims an area that has already been built on whats going to happen then?

Also how big will the area that can be claimed be?

Server should be 1.5 in the next hour or so. Standby for restart. Some new features in the update will include:

- Leaves may now drop cocoa beans.
    - Weather is synced with Dublin's weather.
    - You can obtain the servers forecast with the use of some new commands.
    - All of the other previous features should be still in the 1.5 update.

Just noticed this when chopping wood. Will saplings still be dropped because i was only getting apples and cocoa and having no saplings could become a problem when replenishing wood.

Just noticed this when chopping wood. Will saplings still be dropped because i was only getting apples and cocoa and having no saplings could become a problem when replenishing wood.

Saplings are still dropped yep. From my chopping I was getting about an even drop of the 3

Hey lads, I'm looking for someone to do a boards.ie banner for minestatus.net

The website in question is here

It basically has to be any resolution but obviously banner width (anything else will squash due to auto-resizing etc). Check out the homepage for an idea. Cheers!

Red line has made massive progress (mainly due to myself and Air). The track has been carved and is all set to go, it just has to be laid down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I will be back some day :(

waiting on my laptop charger and I shall return!

I've found inspiration again in Minecraft! The bridge is absolutely epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Hey lads, I'm looking for someone to do a boards.ie banner for minestatus.net

The website in question is here

It basically has to be any resolution but obviously banner width (anything else will squash due to auto-resizing etc). Check out the homepage for an idea. Cheers!

How bout something like this?

156915.jpg

Feel free to suggest ways to snazz it up!

Promac wrote: »
    How bout something like this?

156915.jpg

Feel free to suggest ways to snazz it up!

Something like that yeah :D Might have a go at it over the weekend.

In other news, was thinking about ditching the idea of claiming land in exchange for Towny:
    Towny is a plugin for Bukkit (originally from but discontinued from hMod) that allows players to create towns and nations, along with simple alliance controls. The world is broken up into a grid using 16x16 grid cells as default (for those familiar it's broken up into chunks). Each town is given a certain number of these cells and gains more as the town holds more players. These cells can be controlled by a town's mayor to set build/destroy permissions, define the town as PvP zone, and put plots up for sale using iConomy. Once a town joins a nation, it's residents can then start building in it's allied towns, but joining a nation makes you susceptible to losing your towns protection when the world is at war.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Sounds like it might be fun!

Promac wrote: »
    Sounds like it might be fun!

Yep, there's already 3 villages plus some skytowns in the vicinity, we could break the area up into nations eventually (spawn being a neutral area).

EDIT: Some serious thought and planning is needed so I'll need to get a map render sorted quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

Red line has made massive progress (mainly due to myself and Air). The track has been carved and is all set to go, it just has to be laid down now.

i laid one side of the track last night, ran out of iron :rolleyes:

Towny sounds good, but I don't like the idea of PvP between nations or whatever.
    If certain areas are designated PvP though then that's grand :P

Edit: Anyone else having trouble logging in?

Anyone else having problems logging on. I keep getting a java.net.sockettimeoutexception message when i try to log onto the server.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

yeah it was a bit laggy there for a while and then just quit working, cant log on either. cherrys gonna reboot it when he gets a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Towny sounds good, but I don't like the idea of PvP between nations or whatever.
    If certain areas are designated PvP though then that's grand :P

Edit: Anyone else having trouble logging in?

Yeah, I get the feeling if nations were involved, there'd be a lot of fire griefing in all towns. Better to have only admin/mods designate towns, and all towns have pvp off.

• Advertisement

hare05 wrote: »
    Yeah, I get the feeling if nations were involved, there'd be a lot of fire griefing in all towns. Better to have only admin/mods designate towns, and all towns have pvp off.
    Then set the Colosseum or other such place designated specifically for PvP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement