Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

^^ WTF!

Anyway.. Is the server down? I cant connect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kinom

Stokolan wrote: »
    ^^ WTF!

Anyway.. Is the server down? I cant connect

Same here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

We should get cherry to grab some cool chunks from other maps and drop them into this one with MCEdit or something like it.

I wanna see what the Boardsies could do with the spawn point of 'gargamel' seed :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm back! And rebooting!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Back up! Sorry about that lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Towny does sound cool but agree that having PvP turned on everywhere could be a disaster.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Towny does sound cool but agree that having PvP turned on everywhere could be a disaster.

It can be worked that PvP is enabled only in certain areas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Finished the mapping?

Nope, it rendered and then crashed at the end :P re-rendered it and its 180mb, so I'm editing it at the mo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

I like the towny idea.
    Become enemies with the spawn town and kill you all!

All joking aside, I'm not a fan. I'd rather have economy between the towns rather that rivalry.

Also, bring back localshops

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I dont think the shops thing was working really. No one was really buying anything and there were too many shops. I think i only spent around 20 coins and made only about 10 from selling stuff in my own shop.

I dont think the shops thing was working really. No one was really buying anything and there were too many shops. I think i only spent around 20 coins and made only about 10 from selling stuff in my own shop.
    Because nobody had money. The /kits were one of the main reasons the shops failed, the other was that there was only a fixed amount of money in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Also with the towns idea it will be used for trading between towns.

I didnt think many people were using the kits to be honest. It was probably two weeks before i bought anything and that was a diamond pickaxe. I never felt the need to buy anything else because i was able to mine for it.

It seemed like a lot of others were gathering materials that they needed as well instead of buying. Sure we even have large farms near the spwan where people can get cactus, wheat and sugar reeds for free.

I didnt think many people were using the kits to be honest. It was probably two weeks before i bought anything and that was a diamond pickaxe. I never felt the need to buy anything else because i was able to mine for it.

It seemed like a lot of others were gathering materials that they needed as well instead of buying. Sure we even have large farms near the spwan where people can get cactus, wheat and sugar reeds for free.
    We'll torch that. :D

And People have more rare items to sell now than they did before.
    I'd sell TNT, Diamonds, Tools, Food, Weapons and other rare blocks if I could make a shop.

Botulism wrote: »

Dont let bland see that.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Botulism wrote: »
    YOU'LL BE THE ONE "TORCHED"!

Really though, something which is so easily farmed is not going to upset the balance of an economy. Everyone already had those farms and tons of the items which is why I made the public farms... to show off :pac:

YOU'LL BE THE ONE "TORCHED"!

Really though, something which is so easily farmed is not going to upset the balance of an economy. Everyone already had those farms and tons of the items which is why I made the public farms... to show off :pac:

Yeah with your gigantic cactus farm that wastes 60% of the drops and still fills your inventory in 10 minutes :D

hare05 wrote: »
    Yeah with your gigantic cactus farm that wastes 60% of the drops and still fills your inventory in 10 minutes :D
    Closer to the high end of 40% actually. And if I finally finish those dirt walls around it it'll be even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

I agree about the iconomy thing. Never spent a penny and didn't make a shop. Once you've been playing for more than a week you have everything you need and nothing you have will sell to anyone else. Diamond is the only exception as it's both rare and the most useful but even that isn't hard to find. A couple of hours diamond-mining will get you a couple of dozen diamonds at least. And that should keep you going for most of a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I suggested to Cherry on chat during the week that if we were to get 'paid' for mining rarer ores, it might be more appealing. Not much, like 1 unit of currency for every 10 iron, 5 for every 5 gold and 5 for every diamond.

If we have an economy for Towny (residents paying the town, towns paying the nation) then it'd be moreso for bragging rights, which I kinda like :P

The problem is that nothing is really that rare, and the nature of the game means there will always be more resources. iConomy might have made sense if you had to walk everywhere, but let's face it, even if all the currently spawned land gets hollowed out of all the good stuff, all you need to do is walk for 10 minutes any direction from spawn, /sethome [#], and start digging the new stuff.

Resources have two kinds of scarcity. How hard it is to find, and how hard it is to retrieve. At the moment, you can get to bedrock with a pile of stone + iron picks in less than an hour, and can get a stack of diamond a little while after that.

Scarcity depends on resources being limited, while Minecraft may as well be unlimited in size, I doubt we'll ever max out the map size. If you want iConomy to work, you need to increase the difficulty of getting the good stuff, and that means getting rid of the /home and /back commands so that mining becomes risky again.

Excessively large carto incoming!
    0E0A081650234AB790D49B1C689D70AC-0000325291-0002293460-09945L-9E4A446D88B04F39950F5B19177C6BE7.png

Reduced size:

0E0A081650234AB790D49B1C689D70AC-0000325291-0002293460-01600L-D219A3F50C49423493725D35ABD4D249.png

My town 'Nowhere' isn't on that lol. Bit further east :D

Anyone wanna travel to the blank spots and spawn them?

Dammit! If I knew this would show up I would have put the glowstone creeperface elsewhere. Any chance you can spare me 50 glowstone and 14 netherrack, cherry? :D

I guarantee it would be visible from orbit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Ah crap now everyone can see my sand banks :/

Stokolan wrote: »
    Ah crap now everyone can see my sand banks :/

Something tells me the next week will come to be known as 'The Great Clay & Pumpkin Rush' of 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Can I please be added to the whitelist?

username: _LOS_

thankee!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just looking around on the server again, are there any commands I should be aware of? Toolsets? setting home etc?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement