Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Server down? Or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

cant connect wither

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Back up.

Really gotta look into this. One of the plugins is causing it but I don't know which one. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 aodhoneachtain

Can I please be added to the whitelist.
    username: aodhon

Thanks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm taking the server offline momentarily. Server lag is unreal at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

That's ok.
    I think there might be a problem with a new plug-in. Any ideas which one?

Not a clue. Just gonna put the server on private and try one plugin at a time to see what the story is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've found the lag has been really bad since i came back after the last update. Had a lot of blocks reappearing which had been rarely happening before 1.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

There's been next to no lag for me consistently, and I'm running on a horrible connection. The only times there were lag was a problem at my end.

Aye, the servers back up but I'm not 100% sure if I cleared the lag issue.

• Advertisement

Lads just for a bit of help here, but if the server ever crashes, and if you have an idea what you were doing before the server crashed, I could narrow it down quicker.

This is always the problem with updating servers AND maps growing exponentially. Anywho unlike Freebuild and stuff, there's less strain on the server so we can cater for a large map anyway (about trice the current size or so :D)

(about trice the current size or so :D)

I guess we better get to work then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aaro26

Hey can you add me to the Whitelist?

Username: Aaro26

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

^ add this guy lol ^

Okay, someone asked about my mob trap on the server, so here goes..

This is it. Several (I think three) floors of this, and a grinder at the bottom that all of them lead into.
    20110502161750.png

Not much else to see, seeing as this is my old mob trap, one that is still in use but gives barely anything compared to this.

20110502161842.png

Massive spawning areas all leading into one grinder (which gets jammed with mobs constantly). Makes my old mob trap completely redundant and means I have a practically unlimited supply of everything mobs drop :pac:

I'd take more screens of inside, but if I even attempt to go in I get destroyed instantly, and creepers blow everything up (which is not fun to repair in a still working mob trap).

What are the dimensions of the mobtrap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I was wondering why my mob trap wasn't working - seems someone mined into it, put in bridges across the gaps and lit it up. :eek:

Cossax wrote: »
    I was wondering why my mob trap wasn't working - seems someone mined into it, put in bridges across the gaps and lit it up. :eek:

Seriously? I don't know why people don't put traps back the way they find them!

If it was underground maybe they hadnt realised it was a trap.

If it was underground maybe they hadnt realised it was a trap.

Perhaps, it was a rather large and monster filled area though. Must have taken a while to light up.

Unless there was some odd roll-back but all the outside was the way it should have been and the trap had worked up till now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Bosca

I'd like to be whitelisted please.

I've been playing Minecraft for a good while now (both Multi and Single Player). I've been on a few servers (One was a large scale community called Escapecraft. The other two were hosted by friends and people I've worked with).

I'm currently a moderator on a server but it's down at the moment due to the 1.5 update. :(

Thanks in advance!

Cossax wrote: »
    That happened to me a while ago. Very annoying.

Also, dimension? Uhh... roughly 50 x 85 x 8 (just under 50 and not sure about the 85).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

That happened to me a while ago. Very annoying.

Also, dimension? Uhh... roughly 50 x 85 x 8 (just under 50 and not sure about the 85).

same thing has happened to me a couple of times very annoying alright

30x80 for me, I went with the dimensions in the original video (except the collection point, I have no idea why he did it the way he did).

I may expand it in future but the thoughts of all that mining and sign-making is a bit bleh.

Yea mine was 80x30 but I am now working on extending it to 80x60.
    Only have one side done as of yet but I will be working on completing the design in the near future. Getting good returns from it so far. Looking forward to seeing the jump in collections when I finish the build.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

somebody tell me how to make a mob trap :p
    I need lava?

how much dark do they need to spawn?
    What if I just build a giant building with loads of layers of slabs in darkness? would they spawn in water or need to drop down into it?
    Do they run off edges for no reason? How do I stop the lava burning the items?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

server down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

yep the servers down and I was flying away at my mob tower. Must be cherrys way of telling us to go to bed :D.

Aye it was a bow and arrow error that crashed the server! :rolleyes:

Rebooting now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Woops, Can you add me plz ?

My minecraft name is Hazens. Also I have a 2nd minecraft account that was given to me as a gift, username Laviski. Can u add them both plz, any issues with either and I take full responsiblity.

So Hazens, and Laviski. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement