Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

wires wrote: »
    blandville was a bit of a group effort with some people there from the start and others just chipping in a bit, was good to see it coming together. would be nice if we came up with a project, something big which we all as a group could work on.

100% agree with you. I have found my time on minecraft very boring unless I am involved in a project. I have been helping Bland with his village from nearly the very start and I have to say that if we didn't start on that project then I probably wouldn't be on the server anymore.

We need to get together as a group (because quite frankly that is what we are. We are a community). Large projects are even more important now then ever due to the fact that the game is becoming quite stale... For this reason I was really looking forward to the idea that I mentioned to build a fortress in the Nether to mark it's arrival to MP.

If you look at Dev's new project on Junkyards server, that is what we need to do! We need to get together as a community and build! I don't like the idea of small groups (I'm guilty!) fracturing off and doing their own community builds.

At the end of the day we are all on this sever together and so we should work together on potential building ideas.

Xenon560 wrote: »
    That could be cool actually, but who knows.

While we are on the topic of griefing, the ultimate griefing weapon:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuKBWrqbF8w&feature=related

I could imagine one of those mounted at the end of the track to blandville :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    100% agree with you. I have found my time on minecraft very boring unless I am involved in a project. I have been helping Bland with his village from nearly the very start and I have to say that if we didn't start on that project then I probably wouldn't be on the server anymore.

We need to get together as a group (because quite frankly that is what we are. We are a community). Large projects are even more important now then ever due to the fact that the game is becoming quite stale... For this reason I was really looking forward to the idea that I mentioned to build a fortress in the Nether to mark it's arrival to MP.

If you look at Dev's new project on Junkyards server, that is what we need to do! We need to get together as a community and build! I don't like the idea of small groups (I'm guilty!) fracturing off and doing their own community builds.

At the end of the day we are all on this sever together and so we should work together on potential building ideas.

Im the same always need a new project to work on and always looking to help with one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I think a reboot and limits and a plan is a good idea but it would have to be fleshed out before the server went live. As for people complaining about loosing virtual stuff, you'll get it back again and quicker as you'll have learned from the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I'd just like to say, amongst all these problems I think everyone would agree that Cherryghost your a legend for running this server for us, as you said you don't even get to play as much amongst all the admin work, thanks again and whatever we decide I'm still grateful for everything you did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 dylanlolwut

I get an error saying " failed to connect to the server. connection refused.'
    anyone know why it is saying that?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

cheers lads.

@dyl, server is currently down, I was working on editing the map earlier but taking a break now :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Right, update. I've managed to get rid of a whopping 2000 unused chunks. The server will be up in a bit.

In the unlikely event that I've unintentionally removed your building/area and it is located at a home (eg home 15 etc), please state which home it is, so I can get the backup world and pinpoint the location, and paste it back into the trimmed world. If you don't have a home for the location, please give me a rough co-ordinate to work off.

Your building/area will be moved closer to spawn in order to cater for the border I'm adding onto the server.

Thanks for your patience :D

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

So how big is the limited world going to be?

5000 from spawn

• Advertisement

... and we're back! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Zantergog

and yes it is a serious hole!

So whats the most TNT I can let off at once then ?

EDIT

yes I've lost my home base TP, I just end up dieing if try any of my homes there. It was pretty far out, Savage knows the co-ords
    hopefully we can get it back as we had done a lot of work on it... sob

Has the water plug-in been removed? My rose farm wont work now. It used the lever system that holds water flow.

If so can we get it put back in? I know Xenon uses it also for a mushroom farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Zantergog wrote: »
    and yes it is a serious hole!

So whats the most TNT I can let off at once then ?

EDIT

yes I've lost my home base TP, I just end up dieing if try any of my homes there. It was pretty far out, Savage knows the co-ords
    hopefully we can get it back as we had done a lot of work on it... sob

Pics and fraps please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Savage Beat

Right, update. I've managed to get rid of a whopping 2000 unused chunks. The server will be up in a bit.

In the unlikely event that I've unintentionally removed your building/area and it is located at a home (eg home 15 etc), please state which home it is, so I can get the backup world and pinpoint the location, and paste it back into the trimmed world. If you don't have a home for the location, please give me a rough co-ordinate to work off.

Your building/area will be moved closer to spawn in order to cater for the border I'm adding onto the server.

Thanks for your patience :D
    Hey Cherry you are Awesome! - Thanks for all your hardwork. Could you locate my area past the new border and relocate it? It is my /home 1, and home 3 is out there too. Your work is never done. :) Cheers

Hey Cherry you are Awesome! - Thanks for all your hardwork. Could you locate my area past the new border and relocate it? It is my /home 1, and home 3 is out there too. Your work is never done. :) Cheers

Hey man, I'll have a look ASAP and throw it back in. Is your home completely gone btw? As in you cannot teleport to it at all, because your home is actually within border boundaries. Anywho, I'll have a look and let you know.

Also, for flow control, I'll have a look into that, didn't think I removed it, must of!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Dynmap looks like it's down too.

Botulism wrote: »
    Dynmap looks like it's down too.

Dynmap has been removed for the time being. GET BACK TO STUDYING AIR! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

ffs gav you dont just grief my house, take my mushrooms and ruin my water system just to find dimensions for your farm, work it out yourself or wait till im on

xenon calm down, the plugin broke and obviously fecked up his so he went to make sure he wasn't the only one with the issue.

And yeah, Dynmap is temporarily down once again until we have 100% stability (or close enough to it)

• Advertisement

Xenon560 wrote: »
    ffs gav you dont just grief my house, take my mushrooms and ruin my water system just to find dimensions for your farm, work it out yourself or wait till im on

Hey you did the same with my tree farm! I have your mushrooms. A few blocks here and there. Relax :P

I've found a problem on the server that might be of a concern to you cherry. (At the end of the day it could be just on my end, not sure yet)

Outside the gate at dylanlolwut, Teg, and my house in the village (to the left as you walk through the main entrance) I am experiencing frame rates as low as 0.5 FPS. However when I manage to tp myself out of that location after about 5 minutes of waiting for the command to go through, I find that my FPS returns to the stable 60 that I usually get.

Is it possible that a problem has arisen in this area due to the chunk work that you did recently or is it just on my end.

Can someone go to this location and see if it happens to them.

Oooo er! Sounds like a chunk error, I'm coming in now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I've found a problem on the server that might be of a concern to you cherry. (At the end of the day it could be just on my end, not sure yet)

Outside the gate at dylanlolwut, Teg, and my house in the village (to the left as you walk through the main entrance) I am experiencing frame rates as low as 0.5 FPS. However when I manage to tp myself out of that location after about 5 minutes of waiting for the command to go through, I find that my FPS returns to the stable 60 that I usually get.

Is it possible that a problem has arisen in this area due to the chunk work that you did recently or is it just on my end.

Can someone go to this location and see if it happens to them.

Happening to me there as well.

EDIT: Apologies for jumping out Cherry, was stuck in that chunk for a while and couldn't reply with the coords. Can't re-connect ATM but will be there when I get back on.

Ok, servers going down for a bit once again. The chunk around the pyramid got corrupted from what I see, so I'm going to remove it.

Servers back up, pyramid was indeed the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

should rly just remove the pyramid, such an eyesore :)
    was the server rolled back too?

The pyramid has been removed completely, it had to be.

And not sure if it got rolled back, I had to go to work pretty quickly after I sorted it.

The pyramid has been removed completely, it had to be.

And not sure if it got rolled back, I had to go to work pretty quickly after I sorted it.

Was that the inverted pyramid?

• Advertisement

Yep!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement