Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Would it be the signs in the area saying that it's going to be reset? Or that cherry himself said it's going to be reset?

That's a damn fine secret source there :P

*Edit*
    I didn't read what bland wrote

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Crow92 wrote: »
    Actually at the spawn point if you read all the signs it basically says there is gonna be a reset
    Would you like to re-read my very first sentence of what you quoted me saying? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Would you like to re-read my very first sentence of what you quoted me saying? :P

.......*wipes eyes*....oh god I'm going to bed that's not even funny how bad that was :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

i reckon if we are goin to a new map we should take screen shots of the current server and make a farewell video to the it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Virtual

Thanks for the whitelist, can't wait to get home from work and mine a little bit :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I know this current map is coming to an end but even with that in mind, griefing should still not be taken lightly. Today I went on to the server to find that someone had broken into my town house and removed all of the wool that was in my flooring.

They broke in from two locations and then took the wool from the center. After that they put in cobble instead. Please go through the logs, find who did it and punish them as you see fit.

Here are some images that I took about 5 minutes ago.

screenshot20110612at165.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

EDIT: They stole one of my pumpkins too :(

Looks like I wasn't the only one... Pablo's house was robbed of it's wool too

screenshot20110612at170.png

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

just look around for new houses with the missing stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Calz

Hey, My friend recommended me to your server. would you mind whitelisting me?
    thanks

(Username: Cal2195)

... and another one. (Xenon's village house)

87782894.png

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Ok I'm getting tired of uploading pictured evidence but I have found another 2/3 more properties that have also been robbed of their wool. Had to happen between 11pm last night and 3pm today.

i was on from about 11 untill 2-3am, cant remember who was on though!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Server will more than likely get a fresh world so it doesn't really matter at this point. What I will be doing is adding an anti-cheat plugin to detect abnormal plugins such as flight, x-ray etc, and resetting the whitelist, so I can monitor the users easier.

When will the new world happen?

I understand... These kind of people just annoy me, that's all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Probably in the next week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 josephew1

hey im on tallons server and i tried goin on ur it said i wasnt white isted could u add me please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Server will more than likely get a fresh world so it doesn't really matter at this point. What I will be doing is adding an anti-cheat plugin to detect abnormal plugins such as flight, x-ray etc, and resetting the whitelist, so I can monitor the users easier.

It's still bad form though. And if they're capable of doing that now they may very well do it again on the new server.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

yh but when you upload the server, it would be nice for the houses to not be griefed.
    Also, surely we should find who it is, so we don't let them on the new map

Won't happen. It'll be a tighter circle. We have over 400 whitelisted on this server atm, as it was the same list of players carried over from the constantly griefed Tallon's old server.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

So will there be conditions attached to joining the new server? Will we all have to re-apply to be whitelisted?

No conditions at all, and yeah you do. Just by starting a completely clean slate we won't have any users on the list that we never see on and its easier to monitor who griefed or not thanks to a reduced number on the list

I'm not 100 percent satisfied with the way things are going here. Firstly I agree with what everyone is saying in principle but how will it all be carried out...

How long is it until a user is seen as "dormant" and as a result removed from the white-list?

Also, what do you mean when you say "a tighter circle"? If someone asks here then they get white-listed. Are you going to spread out the whitelists so as to provide a monitoring period to make sure that the new person isn't just a griefer in disguise.

I'll be adding trusted users as moderators.

Or maybe I'll just stop running the server altogether. I've thought about doing it now and again but there's always ideas that pop into my head that can't do as a regular user and not running a server :D

I don't know, there's so much mixed views about what the server should be like, I can only see it splitting the community again. Either way the community will split to some degree.

On another world I have a degriefed world uploaded and ready to be publicly shared later today/tomorrrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I'll be adding trusted users as moderators.

Like me? :p

I don't know, there's so much mixed views about what the server should be like, I can only see it splitting the community again. Either way the community will split to some degree.

That's understandable.

When we replace the current map with a new one we will see the community split. Not everyone will be happy with decisions that will be made in the current weeks but the idea is to please as many people that we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

phaxx wrote: »
    When you get a chance, please whitelist 'omgtbh'.

Thanks!

Looks like I got missed in the last few rounds of whitelisting. Please add me!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

phaxx wrote: »
    Looks like I got missed in the last few rounds of whitelisting. Please add me!

Thanks!
    Done.

• Advertisement

Ungriefed world is uploaded and available to the publc here. World is from Saturday IIRC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement