Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Ungriefed world is uploaded and available to the publc here. World is from Saturday IIRC
    I'll be here all day downloading this :P

I think we should all note down positions of interest for everyone here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I downloaded it but i dont think my computer is powerful enough ti run it.:( When i load the map i get very bad slowdown.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Delete the players folder in the world. You get assigned one at random, deleting them all will allow you to start at spawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Tried that but the slowdown is still there. I reckon the map is just too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Think the server just crashed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Zantergog

cherry , you can't please all the people all the time. Reset the map, keep the white list tight, maybe have pvp areas? Towny ? Find out who griefed gavs place and kick them.
    I'll be back after the reset.. it was me that griefed my place in skytown :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Whoever it is, they're fond of stealing bricks and breaking glass.
    20110614001621.png
    20110614001736.png

And look what they did to the spawn building :mad:

20110614001851.png
    :P

I really hope that whoever did this will not manage to weasel their way onto the new whitelist.

Figured out what made the downloaded world mess up. Just remove or rename the "data" folder along with the "player" folder. Simple :P

Edit: Nevermind, that worked momentarily, but the chunk errors are too much to handle. Can't even move at spawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Tried that but the slowdown is still there. I reckon the map is just too big.

Runs like **** for me using single player. I'm going to try run it of a server here and see if its different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

thats strange, runs fine for me apart from the usual chunk errors

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

thats strange, runs fine for me apart from the usual chunk errors

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That's probably because your PC is a MONSTER :pac:

The server's awfully quiet these days... I guess you could say that it's the calm before the storm ;)

Had it running on a local server fine but kept getting an error "Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded"

Was playing fine on it for about 30min then it started to lag worse then the actual server every did :P

You need to allocate the server at least 1.5GB of RAM dedicated to the server. Anything less is horrible

ah right. I was only giving it 1GB. I'm not sure what's in the machine its on as its only a mac mini I was testing it on :P

Aye normally the 1GB is fine for most servers/worlds, but the sheer size of this one just cripples systems :pac:

Even at 1.5GB the mac mini struggles with the map. It was interesting having a nose about other peoples locked boxes & areas tho :P

You'll never find my hidden stash... muahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tankran

oh no my gigantic secret bestiality area!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Zantergog

yeah giving it a miss until the reset. No point it doing much until the new map. Who's this griefer then, cause I don't want em on the new server.

Zantergog wrote: »
    yeah giving it a miss until the reset. No point it doing much until the new map. Who's this griefer then, cause I don't want em on the new server.

I'd love to know too... but sure it will be a lot more strict on the newer server.

Another question actually! I think it was said that everyone would have to re-register for the server. When is this going to take place? Will it be done through a new thread?

Yep, easier to track things. Will be locking this one soon!

Will be locking this one soon!

Ohhh... Starting completely fresh! I like it! :)

Bland!.... Did you crash the server?!? :D

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Bland!.... Did you crash the server?!? :D
    Nope. Three tnt is hardly enough. Minecraft.net was taken down.

I think its under attack again. Keep getting kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ejpaine

im the only one not getting kicked. once i log in everyone else gets kicked and then they cannot stay signed in. like i can still chat and all.

• Advertisement

ejpaine wrote: »
    im the only one not getting kicked. once i log in everyone else gets kicked and then they cannot stay signed in. like i can still chat and all.

I'm sorta the same. I just can't chat so I try and DC and RC to get chat back. However everytime I DC it takes like 5minutes to RC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement