Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stand Up for the Champions - LoI 18 / 19 March

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Are yous that worried about the defence yeah? What's happened to it?!

Evan McMillan has happened to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Was at the Pats game on Friday and they really didn't deserve to be 2 nil up when they got there. Daly was ok, put himself about a bit without doing anything too special. The whole game was a tale of two terrible defenses trying to outdo each other.

Seems to me like RTE just pick and choose the games when they see fit to slot one in. Not very committed at all which is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Niallo are you a pats fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Niallo are you a pats fan?

Tip: No Fan ever calls his team "They".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

No games on TV this weekend but I think Dundalk and Glentoran is on one of the Setantas on monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Nope not a Pats fan, I was there in a neutral capacity... don't really have a team as such but my local one these days would be Rovers although can't say I support them. Went to a lot of Shels games back in the day but have to admit I don't get to any anymore, but they would be the team I look out for the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

CiaranC wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

I know I said in a previous thread that I didn't see anything after the match, but I do know the lad who was hit, and he did get hit pretty badly, in what was a unprovoked attack. Yer man that hit him accused him of throwing stones at his bus( believe me he's not the type of fella to do that) and when he denied it he hit him simple as. He was probably one of the scumbags who I did see doing coke in the pub before the match.

Oh and when a shams **** makes a thread title saying 'stand up for the champions', you should be expecting a bit of backlash, purely for acting like a dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

edolan wrote: »
    I know I said in a previous thread that I didn't see anything after the match, but I do know the lad who was hit, and he did get hit pretty badly, in what was a unprovoked attack. Yer man that hit him accused him of throwing stones at his bus( believe me he's not the type of fella to do that) and when he denied it he hit him simple as. He was probably one of the scumbags who I did see doing coke in the pub before the match.

Ive been up in sligo once and we have had problems with youths waiting outside the ground with stones I confronted aload of them and it was sorted. anyway a rovers mate of mine said security let in loads of fans with drink..not condoning it but if security aint doing there job then you are gonna have problems.

• Advertisement

major bill wrote: »
    Ive been up in sligo once and we have had problems with youths waiting outside the ground with stones I confronted aload of them and it was sorted. anyway a rovers mate of mine said security let in loads of fans with drink..not condoning it but if security aint doing there job then you are gonna have problems.

Oh I know there does be, but the lad that got hit ain't one of them, a case of just being in wrong place at the wrong time.

Rovers security let us out at the same time as you just after we/you scored a last minute equaliser.

There were incidents outside due to that, inept decisions happen all the time in this league. Altho that one was ****ing seriosuly dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

niallo24 wrote: »
    Nope not a Pats fan, I was there in a neutral capacity... don't really have a team as such but my local one these days would be Rovers although can't say I support them. Went to a lot of Shels games back in the day but have to admit I don't get to any anymore, but they would be the team I look out for the most.

Ah right fair enough, was just curious, sure might as well get behind your local team!:p
    Oh and when a shams **** makes a thread title saying 'stand up for the champions', you should be expecting a bit of backlash, purely for acting like a dick.

As much as i dislike the post preceding this for a couple of reasons and even the way you went about this post, i do agree with you here, odd title choice. Can we stop with the Sligo v Rovers sh1te at least till the next match now?!

Anyway really looking forward to Friday, even though there will no doubt be a lot of hungover heads heading to grounds around the country on Friday! On our bit of form and the way Pats have been reported from last week, we should have enough to do them, love these games in Tallaght, have always seen great crowds and atmospheres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Oh I know there does be, but the lad that got hit ain't one of them, a case of just being in wrong place at the wrong time.

hope he is alright and it wont put him off. totally uncalled for by the person that hit him especially since i heard the person was much older.

hope he is alright and it wont put him off. totally uncalled for by the person that hit him especially since i heard the person was much older.

Ah he'll be back, actually a pretty talented footballer himself, wolves and aberdeen have been sniffing around him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

niallo24 wrote: »

Luas to Abbey St and bus to town, sorted there for your return to Tolka.;)

Oldyouth, any idea if Max Cream will start on Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I know I said in a previous thread that I didn't see anything after the match, but I do know the lad who was hit, and he did get hit pretty badly, in what was a unprovoked attack. Yer man that hit him accused him of throwing stones at his bus( believe me he's not the type of fella to do that) and when he denied it he hit him simple as..

One of our buses did get smashed again from what I heard. Some of them have kids on them so you can see why people get pretty angry when it happens. The age thing is a red herring. If you're old enough to chuck bricks through windows, you're old enough to take the consequences.

Not saying that lad was involved obviously. If he wasn't involved in throwing stones as you say, I hope he's well soon and won't be put off going to games.

Would be nice going forward if we can just put the hoofball/scummers debates to bed (and I'm as guilty as anybody) as it's spoiling the threads as much as the Shells vs SF/Derry/Cork ones used to

On the match: like another hoop said, it's good to be going into Friday's game with 6 points as it takes the pressure of a little. Before the season kicked off, I'd have been happy with 7 from the first fours games given who they were.

Can see it being a sell-out hopefully.

stovelid wrote: »
    On the match: like another hoop said, it's good to be going into Friday's game with 6 points as it takes the pressure of a little. Before the season kicked off, I'd have been happy with 7 from the first fours games given who they were.

Can see it being a sell-out hopefully.

Think we out of tickets and some fans have bought home end tickets so if they refused entry it could be a sell out + 200

We could get thumped, Mac Millan at the back is dodgy. And with our new "footballing " philosphy we dont cover the centre backs as well as last year.

Would like us to go 442 with North and Daly and go for the win but reckon it be 451 and play for 0-0.

..............Rogers
    Pender Kenna Mc Dodgy Bermo
    Murphy .......Mulcahy.......Keegan
    .................Mc Faul
    ............North Daly

Would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

AgileMyth wrote: »
    In other news you'll be glad to know that the 15 year old assaulted by your scumbag 'element' on Saturday is getting on alright. Should be back in school next week.

That will teach him to throw rocks at buses then, won't it...

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Think we out of tickets and some fans have bought home end tickets so if they refused entry it could be a sell out + 200

We could get thumped, Mac Millan at the back is dodgy. And with our new "footballing " philosphy we dont cover the centre backs as well as last year.

Would like us to go 442 with North and Daly and go for the win but reckon it be 451 and play for 0-0.

..............Rogers
    Pender Kenna Mc Dodgy Bermo
    Murphy .......Mulcahy.......Keegan
    .................Mc Faul
    ............North Daly

Would be nice.

No Bradley there?

• Advertisement

One of our buses did get smashed again from what I heard. Some of them have kids on them so you can see why people get pretty angry when it happens. The age thing is a red herring. If you're old enough to chuck bricks through windows, you're old enough to take the consequences.

Not saying that lad was involved obviously. If he wasn't involved in throwing stones as you say, I hope he's well soon and won't be put off going to games.

Would be nice going forward if we can just put the hoofball/scummers debates to bed (and I'm as guilty as anybody) as it's spoiling the threads as much as the Shells vs SF/Derry/Cork ones used to

Where do they do it? Not just outside the ground, I assume it's when ye just get on the motorway?

Where do they do it?

No idea. The bus I was on was OK.

Anyway, I feel it's time I actually start talking about football again, I hope we can be more clinical with our chances this week against Bray. I feel with a couple of changes from the team last weekend we'll win about 2-1. My team would be,

Clarke
    Keane, Peers, Foran, Davoren
    Dillion, Ryan, Kirby, Greene
    Russell
    Cretaro

No Bradley there?

Its Mc Faul or Bradley and so far Mc Faul is winning, class player.

Fixes his hair after every pass......./swoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Is that the lad that played for UCD last season? The one with the lovely hair?

Where do they do it? Not just outside the ground, I assume it's when ye just get on the motorway?

Just outside the ground.

I would like to point out for the record that Rovers fans didn't start whining about this. We live that to the Sligs. Who are somehow managing to complain about an incident caused by Sligs fans.

Is that the lad that played for UCD last season? The one with the lovely hair?

No played for Fingal, super player links the team up very well. And he has lovely hair.

44680_ori_shane_mcfaul.jpg

??

fry.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I suppose that shows how much attention I was paying to the pitch last season.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Another successful thread.

Dundalk will be very tough, they look good up front and we look shakey at the back. Would definitely take a draw.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Just outside the ground.

I would like to point out for the record that Rovers fans didn't start whining about this. We live that to the Sligs. Who are somehow managing to complain about an incident caused by Sligs fans.

No I think we are complaining about a Shams **** hitting a child, who as I said before is not the type to be throwing stones at buses. I think you'll find that the vast majority of Rovers fans aren't pleased about the local pikeys stoning your buses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

That will teach him to throw rocks at buses then, won't it...

The mind boggles.....

bohsboy wrote: »
    The mind boggles.....

Even though it's blunt, the general point is correct though.

Hypothetically speaking, if you're old enough to chuck rocks at buses with people (including young kids) inside, you're old enough to get a slap for it.

Not saying that lad did it as I have no idea.

No I think we are complaining about a Shams **** hitting a child, who as I said before is not the type to be throwing stones at buses. I think you'll find that the vast majority of Rovers fans aren't pleased about the local pikeys stoning your buses.

'Not the type'? He was caught in the act and took a few slaps. As stovie says, if you are mad enough to throw rocks at buses and thick enough to do it in front of a load of opposition fans, I have very little sympathy.

He could have taken a ferocious hiding for what he was up to. He was lucky he didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

No played for Fingal, super player links the team up very well. And he has lovely hair.

Allan_Clarke.jpg

Sniffer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

'Not the type'? He was caught in the act and took a few slaps. As stovie says, if you are mad enough to throw rocks at buses and thick enough to do it in front of a load of opposition fans, I have very little sympathy.

He could have taken a ferocious hiding for what he was up to. He was lucky he didn't.

I thought however he was completely innocent? I saw the ambulance and somebody being put in the back of it outside the ground. Not sure if it was this incident.

I agree if he was guilty of throwing stones he hasn't got much to be complaining about but if he had nothing to do with it, it's awful.

Talking to a guy from work today about it, big Sligo fan, CCTV from outside the Centra shop is being checked out, supposed to be caught on camera but I think this happened a bit away from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

The amazing thing I find about this thread and many other ones I've read is the amount of hear say going on. All across fool.ie and here its "heard this happened", 'a mates sisters fellas neighbor said this', 'a reporter i know says this' etc...

We all know how these stories get exaggerated. One fan throws a rock and all of a sudden according to the opposition fans it was 50 of them. The LOI threads these days should have a sponsorship deal with Joe Duffy they are that outrageous at times. I personally didn't see anything bad happen last weekend (because I was at home) but there is also one person who I've seen post stories on here about what he saw and what happened in the showgrounds and I know for 100% certainty that he wasn't there either, because he asked me was I meeting him up in the local!

Thats the type of crap we deal with on all forums each and every day. Fans wanting to paint to other fans in a much worse light than is actually realistic. I'm not saying bad things don't happen, of course they do but what do we gain from blowing some things up beyond all reason? A state of fear amongst the non followers that keeps them away. Savage work lads, well done. Just the thing thats going to save this cash strapped league of ours.

Best thing is to let Slgio beat us during the summer up there as it was nice and peaceful on here after we got beaten in the cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Dundalk will be very tough, they look good up front and we look shakey at the back. Would definitely take a draw.

We're also very shaky at the back and missing a few so could be a 5-5 draw!

• Advertisement

Bit off topic but see we got yis at home in the LSC?

MON is not prioritizing the LSC or the league cup but I think it'll still be a decent game.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yeah definitely, considering the team we played for the setanta I can't see us playing a great team. Will be a good clash I'd say

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Just get your centre halves to hoof it up to your front men, they find it impossible to counter

Can't wait for the game tomorrow.

Still gonna be shocked if we get anything from it but like the atmosphere and day itself should be a bitta craic!

C'mon the Saints! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Still gonna be shocked if we get anything from it but like the atmosphere and day itself should be a bitta craic!

4-0 to the super hoops. Twigg, o'Neil, McCabe, O'Donnell- in that order:cool:

You allowed go ? :pac:

Touch and go if i get out of work on time, should be a law against busy fridays.

• Advertisement

You allowed go ? :pac:

Touch and go if i get out of work on time, should be a law against busy fridays.

Too right I am.

Gonna start drinking in the next few minutes :cool:

Shouldn't be too hard to get from Parkwest to Tallaght? Like timewise, if ya have a lift....

Too right I am.

Gonna start drinking in the next few minutes :cool:

Shouldn't be too hard to get from Parkwest to Tallaght? Like timewise, if ya have a lift....

/Sticks out thumb

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

Just outside the ground.

Jesus Christ lad, I know you like to think everyone is obsessed with Shamrock but you really just can't help yourself going on about us all the time.
    And as for the Turner incident you brought up earlier; there was an investigation and we were found to have done nothing wrong so get over that one.

Jaysis all the ball, all the chances and still we prolly lose 5-0

Just cant ****ing defend. Rovers one shot on target one goal. 1-0 Rovers with 25 gone.

Decent game Rovers and Turner in particular have it in for Murphy, Turner lucky to be on the pitch.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/airtricity-league-2011

Stream here.

How in the name of jaysis is Turner still on the pitch?

• Advertisement
Advertisement